Herb.

Gilgamesh.

Bulldagger

Young

pCj

Not the gorls PLUNGING their head into the deep fryer for type 2 hair

Miranda

GYNandTONIC

White women with curls straighten their hair all the time. Is their hair no longer natural?

Heat is a natural source of energy. When you get into chemical processes and/or adding a bunch of gunk to get a defined curl then that's unnatural.

Some of the curls that natural girls claim is more processed in my opinion, because they use half bottle of chemical conditioners and grease (ew) to claim a "natural curl". Hair looking all wet! So using some heat IMO is a bit more natural.

Herb.

November 08, 2015, 08:18:20 AM #56 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:36:10 AM by Herbie
Quote from: GYNandTONIC on November 08, 2015, 07:39:29 AM
White women with curls straighten their hair all the time. Is their hair no longer natural?

Heat is a natural source of energy. When you get into chemical processes and/or adding a bunch of gunk to get a defined curl then that's unnatural.

Some of the curls that natural girls claim is more processed in my opinion, because they use half bottle of chemical conditioners and grease (ew) to claim a "natural curl". Hair looking all wet! So using some heat IMO is a bit more natural.
Processing isn't a matter of "opinion", it's black and white.

Heat has been proven to cause damage to hair. Many women have to chop their hair off from using it in excess. Or relaxing their hair in excess. Not for properly moisturizing their hair and quenching its natural thirst regularly.

Thick, curly hair craves moisture and loves conditioner. It eats it up. Curly hair has a tougher time receiving moisture than white people's straighter hair. People like me with fine, curly hair like mine can barely go two days without "co-washing" their hair. Since the hair spirals, and curls so much, it's tougher for moisture from get from the root all the way to tip. Left without co-washing for two or three days, you'll be walking around with a dry curly nest on your head.

Also, taking care of your hair doesn't mean loading it with bad stuff. Using natural products such as Shea Moisture (which is what I always recommend) is HEALTHY for your hair. It's simple.

And there's no such thing as creating a curl pattern. It is determined by genes. Conditioner and styling products are there only to bring it out. Furthermore, any person with curly hair who is putting loads of GREASE into their hair isn't wise. Fine, curly hair is easily weighed down. Kinkier hair is better suited for heavy grease usage. But it still won't "create" a curl pattern. lol.

Putting a tub of conditioner on type 4 kinky hair is not going to magically create spirals and corkscrew curls. If it did there'd be no need for perms and texturizers. And not even a texturizer will leave someone with a true curl or spiral. Especially if the hair is longer. It usually looks limp and dead. But oil is necessary. It is used to SEAL the hair. And is part of LOC method. But only a VERY SMALL amount should be used. A PINCH.

However, anyone with curly hair should be conditioning their hair at LEAST twice a week. I'm not big on styling products. I use a paraben free, silicone free leave in conditioner, a PINCH of gel (literally dime sized since it can dry ur hair) and keep it moving. Keeping things simple >>>>

References:
"How to Care for Kinky Curly or Mixed Hair"
http://www.bearfruithair.com/kinky-curly-hair/

"LOC Method: The routine every curly girl should know"
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/kinky-hair-type-4a/loc-method-the-routine-every-curly-should-know/

Cartierline

ddddddddddddddsddd not fckin references

i luv you herb :dead:

Herb.

November 08, 2015, 08:25:53 AM #58 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:26:06 AM by Herbie
Quote from: Cartier on November 08, 2015, 08:24:28 AM
ddddddddddddddsddd not fckin references

i luv you herb :dead:
[ondssdsdsd

:wub: :wub: hey bew

CarseyWerner

I have mixed feelings about this stylist, she doesn't really promote healthy hair
Je voudrais apprendre ? conna?tre si je pourrais ?tre, le genre de fille que vous pourriez ?tre en baisse pour