Normani x Sam Smith - 'Dancing w/ A Stranger' (AUDIO)

Started by Freemala Harris, January 11, 2019, 12:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

January 11, 2019, 12:24:57 AM Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:25:13 AM by Freeruu

Nice and chill

I like it  :ohwow:

saltybitch

FRANCE

Who did the vocal production on this record? So much potential to be better. They sound bored. No vocal layerings, no crescendo, no build up, climatic ending, playing off each other's vocals, nothing. Yeah, expected more.

Beau

i can see how its a bore, definitely "a monotone chill gotta be smoking n high asf to enjoy type record"

BrokenHeartsHeal

Navyman

And who song is this? Like what project will it be tied too?

FRANCE

Beau

compared to her last 2 songs normani actually sounds pretty here... i like this  funky pop/urban vibe for her just needs a lil extra...maybe could use some backgrounds or ad-libs or something.

FRANCE

Quote from: ZAIYE on January 11, 2019, 01:06:15 AM
Quote from: SPARK on January 11, 2019, 01:02:41 AM
Quote from: Tonkaman on January 11, 2019, 12:56:57 AM
And who song is this? Like what project will it be tied too?
Sam's.
Makes sense now
Normani has good ear for music. She wasn't gonna say no to a Sam Smith collabo. Which upcoming black artist would? He's on the decline tho. And I agree with whomever said Zayn being the male artist wouldve been better.

Navyman

Beau

considering this is Sam's record this will be a hit. making Normani's  biggest records with (Sam Smith & Khalid)

LOONA.

Zayn and another woman would've slayed this but this version is cute.

I agree with Franc though. The song doesn't really go anywhere. Very one note and monotone     

FRANCE

Quote from: LOONA. on January 11, 2019, 01:24:05 AM
Zayn and another woman would've slayed this but this version is cute.

I agree with Franc though. The song doesn't really go anywhere. Very one note and monotone     

Production wise, the song kinda gives me Kelly Rowland's Red Wine. That's the vocal this song deserved. It really couldve slayed.