Missy Elliott Says She's 'Finished a Long Project': 'I'm On Some Next Ish'

Started by Lazarus, April 18, 2019, 01:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Missy Elliott hasn't dropped a full-length LP since 2005's The Cookbook, but that could all be changing in 2019.

The Virginia native took to Instagram Wednesday (April 17) with a celebratory post announcing that she's finished working on a mysterious new project.

The "Work It" rapper teased followers with a major surprise in store. "I just finished a long project I been working on since last year & this my mood 'Keep On Movin' I'm bout to show yall I'm on some next ish," she wrote on Instagram. The acompanying clip featured Elliott happily hitting a little dance to Soul II Soul's "Keep It Movin."

Missy added on Twitter, "It has been a very intense no sleep 5 weeks working on this since last year. I been sick on and off from weather change and this pollen has been kicking my ass but it will be all worth it! I'm excited."

The 47-year-old made history at the top of 2019, when Elliott became the first woman rapper to ever be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame since its inception 50 years ago. More recently, Missy joined Lizzo to assist her latest empowering single with "Tempo" last month (March 20).

After reuniting in the studio with Timbaland in November, fans are more than ready for her next musical endeavor. Check out both posts from Missy Elliott below.

ton

She looks great but yeah um

Shes been coming for like a decade

I still anticipate though 

ophababes.

Quote from: Ton on April 18, 2019, 02:03:24 PM
She looks great but yeah um

Shes been coming for like a decade

I still anticipate though

gdgfg

but YEA

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In