New York Governor Signs Law Allowing Driver's Licenses for Illegals

Started by loveguru1000, June 18, 2019, 04:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loveguru1000

Cuomo signs bill granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants
By Nolan Hicks and Kenneth Garger

ANDREW CUOMO

Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday night signed legislation granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants — shortly after the controversial measure passed the state Senate.

Cuomo's action came despite throwing supporters a last minute curveball by asking the state's top civil attorney, Solicitor General Barbara Underwood, to review the measure for possible safety concerns — threatening to veto it if he didn't like her assessment.

"You could create a database for the feds to use to actually track down undocumented people," Cuomo said on WAMC radio. "California passed a law, and they are now in litigation."

But Underwood's boss, Attorney General Tish James, later released a statement amid the Monday-night vote arguing that the bill is legally sound.

"The legislation is well-crafted and contains ample protections for those who apply for driver's licenses. If this bill is enacted and challenged in court, we will vigorously defend it," she said.

The law takes 180 days to go into effect, meaning the first licenses will be available in December.

The measure on Monday passed the state Senate by a 33-29 count, often eliciting emotional remarks from both sides of the aisle during the floor vot

...my little hiatus

🦚

N

CAN they even get (health) insurance?

Who's going to be liable if they get in accident mess?
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

loveguru1000

Quote from: NIGGRESS-4.0/2000 on June 18, 2019, 04:58:42 PM
i hope to drive bac tf to they real home

tell me about it. . ..NY and Cali are becoming ridiculous with these laws protecting illegals

...my little hiatus

yall see it now?

its fckin ridiculous how democrats r fightin tooth n nail for a buncha illegals nd putting citizens at risk ssns

wonder why?..hmm. 

reekz

Navyman

Did yall not read. They're gonna use this to wrap up all together and go in for one big swoop.  :plzstop:

fedswatchin

Quote from: Tonkaman on June 18, 2019, 05:47:51 PM
Did yall not read. They're gonna use this to wrap up all together and go in for one big swoop.  :plzstop:
i didn't get that ccc

Navyman

Meaning if your an illegal and they aren't even aware that your here and your creating entire families, having jobs etc...

And the government creates something saying "Hey. I know your over here illegal. Let us help you out while you out in your stay here, we having a data base for all you guys specifically and were gonna get you yadda yadda yadda"  whole time that date base is gonna be used to identify and track who is who and when they ready to SWOOP in and crackdown they are ready got your name tagged and scanned in the system.

yummy

Hiroshimoto

i wish he would sign to have the L run faster then every 20 min

ton

Why would anyone sign up for this

You're ILLEGAL. They can track you this way

Ma Lo

Trump served they ass on a silver platter though and they about to gag ... Good riddance!