The Clark Sisters Honored at Essence Festival

Started by Good Morning Gorgeous, July 07, 2019, 11:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Good Morning Gorgeous

July 07, 2019, 11:22:01 PM Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 11:22:43 PM by mylogistics
The Clark Sisters honored today at the Strength of a Woman brunch at the Essence Festival. Such a beautiful event!

Good Morning Gorgeous

Quote from: 89 on July 07, 2019, 11:30:32 PM
Well deserved

I concur! They definitely do not get the credit, accolades, respect and recognition that they deserved. I'm looking forward to supporting their biopic on Lifetime.

Bentley. HARRIS!

Good Morning Gorgeous

Quote from: Yea. I'm Back. on July 08, 2019, 12:29:27 AM
was Denise present?

if not then no fckn ma'am

Denise was not present by choice. She is definitely represented in the movie and was also mentioned at the Essence forum with the Clark Sisters and the actresses who portrayed each one. Denise wants nothing to do with her sisters and it's been that way for decades.

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: mylogistics on July 08, 2019, 12:36:46 AM
was Denise present?

Denise was not present by choice. She is definitely represented in the movie and was also mentioned at the Essence forum with the Clark Sisters and the actresses who portrayed each one. Denise wants nothing to do with her sisters and it's been that way for decades.
s
by choice?

you definitely don't believe that :plzstop:

I personally believe Denise's versions of events, with all the receipts included.

But even if it's not spot on, even if a detail or two is left out. This fairytale version placing all the blame on her isn't even halfway believable.

Good Morning Gorgeous

Quote from: Yea. I'm Back. on July 08, 2019, 12:39:08 AM
was Denise present?

s
by choice?

I personally believe Denise's versions of events, with all the receipts included.

But even if it's not spot on, even if a detail or two is left out. This fairytale version placing all the blame on her isn't even halfway believable.

I honestly do not care if it was her choice or not. I don't think we will ever know the true tea with the destruction of their family, but I'll still support the Clark Sisters I've grown up loving and enjoying. There's always multiple sides to a story. If Denise feels her story is not portrayed accurately than I'm sure she could make it known. She's been silent for too long.

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: mylogistics on July 08, 2019, 12:51:08 AM
was Denise present?

s
by choice?

I honestly do not care if it was her choice or not. I don't think we will ever know the true tea with the destruction of their family, but I'll still support the Clark Sisters I've grown up loving and enjoying. There's always multiple sides to a story. If Denise feels her story is not portrayed accurately than I'm sure she could make it known. She's been silent for too long.
I wondered why she stayed silent all those years. But the mess she revealed in the expose interviews really explained it.

She was basically shunned and blackballed into silence. It's really a sad story.

I think she'll need to do her own biopic, cause her story is nothing like theirs. They abandoned sis smh

Good Morning Gorgeous

Quote from: Yea. I'm Back. on July 08, 2019, 12:54:02 AM
Quote from: mylogistics on July 08, 2019, 12:51:08 AM
was Denise present?

s
by choice?

I wondered why she stayed silent all those years. But the mess she revealed in the expose interviews really explained it.

She was basically shunned and blackballed into silence. It's really a sad story.

I think she'll need to do her own biopic, cause her story is nothing like theirs. They abandoned sis smh

I definitely agree. I just feel that she had several opportunities to speak out in some fashion. Even if they were trying to silence Denise she basically gave up. She is the Traci Braxton of the group.

We will probably never have a true consensus of what happened. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Bentley. HARRIS!

whoa log'!

that's crazy ..... Traci is the second oldest too and got screwed over after getting preggo too

my mind is blown rn
:calmdownsis:

Gilgamesh.

So sweet of her to do this. Mary looks great too. 

Gilgamesh.

Oh I didn't know Mary and Missy are EPs of the biopic.And they debuted the trailer too:https://www.instagram.com/tv/BzoQ40BnDd6/?igshid=1xshcsvvbblyb