Brandy - Freedom Rings (Out Now!) [#1 R&B/Top 40 iTunes]

Started by Kaeli., September 23, 2019, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Moon

I wonder what this line is about though: "I've forgot to remember the fingerprints he left on my innocence, I'm breaking out"
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

TriBeCa

This has to be the first Brandy single that has no replay value for me. I have no interest in hearing it again. Her runs might be incredible, but I hope she has better songs up her sleeve. The first single is supposed have you hooked. I'm glad some of you are enjoying it at least.

Purple Moon

September 26, 2019, 06:48:26 PM #752 Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 06:50:47 PM by BrandySavedMyLife
Also I think the lyrics in the second verse are "I laugh at thunder, dance through rain
It means the sun will shine again" and not "It means Lashawn will shine again".

Purple Moon

Quote from: TriBeCa on September 26, 2019, 06:47:11 PM
This has to be the first Brandy single that has no replay value for me. I have no interest in hearing it again. Her runs might be incredible, but I hope she has better songs up her sleeve. The first single is supposed have you hooked. I'm glad some of you are enjoying it at least.

That was initial reaction. Did you give it a second listen yet? For me the problem was, that I just expected something completely different but now I love it for what it is.

DrewBabyLove

Just heard the full, this second verse

:stressed:

:gorlonfire:

She's singing! Of course!
I'm feeling the song. After hearing the snippets I thought I would be extremely disappointed but that I am not!

This is a great intro to the era. I won't get into the whether it should be a single thing but the song would be a great intro or closing song on the album.

Her voice soars!

Amazing

OKAY! I'm in Dubai and am listening to the full mess now.

This goes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Purple Moon

Amazing

This needs to be the intro to the album. :gorlonfire:

AfroJisiac

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on September 26, 2019, 06:48:26 PM
Also I think the lyrics in the second verse are "I laugh at thunder, dance through rain
It means the sun will shine again" and not "Me and Lashawn will shine again".

agreed on the thunder part

but i do hear Lashawn...   and not a "S" like sun...  i do hear a "sh"

let's go ask Bran on IG! lol

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: AfroJisiac on September 26, 2019, 06:34:59 PM
Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on September 26, 2019, 06:27:20 PM
fuck what i just said...This is an ANTHEM! Declare your freedom Brandy. The lyrics are beautiful.

How dare this bitch slay me like that?

the way she start the 2nd verse "Everything around me's changing' nooooow-oooow"  => that give me fuckin' chills !! yams bitch u better emote  :plzstop:

Her voice on just "around... meeee" fucking sent me!

:ack:

DrewBabyLove

Let me also say, these lyrics! She is WRITING! I can only imagine what the album is giving if this is any indication of lyrical content and quality. 

AfroJisiac

Purple Moon

Quote from: AfroJisiac on September 26, 2019, 06:53:18 PM
Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on September 26, 2019, 06:48:26 PM
It means the sun will shine again" and not "Me and Lashawn will shine again".

agreed on the thunder part

but i do hear Lashawn...   and not a "S" like sun...  i do hear a "sh"

let's go ask Bran on IG! lol

I think it makes more sense with "the sun" but the Lashawn shoutout is probably what it is afterall.