Brandy - Freedom Rings (Out Now!) [#1 R&B/Top 40 iTunes]

Started by Kaeli., September 23, 2019, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rxxf

She is sanging.
But I don't like it - on first listen.
BRANDY

GYNandTONIC

Don't like it at all. Too much going on vocally for the production. Her cadence seems off ( I'm sure it's intentional). Just not what I'm into right now and even more so after that long ass wait.

With that said I still love the instrumental. I will still support the album as if it's her first. No love lost, just not for me at this time. Hopefully there will be music on the album that I can get into. Too noisy IMO

Kaeli.

Yea listening more now and i definitely don't like it 

I thought business would start picking up when the negro spiritual claps started but then...nothing 

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Rxxf

I am buying on iTunes and streaming on Spotify.
BRANDY

Vonc2002

I hate the ending but other than that it's perfection
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Rxxf

I do wish I could get an undeniable Brandy single, though.
One that is just... undeniable.
BRANDY

jtwoeleven

I especially like this because of how personal it sounds. Like she sounds like she's legit getting shit off her chest that she's needed to say for a long time. Between a the legal drama with her former label, her broken engagement, and the clap backs...woo! I get it, Brandy. This song was probably more liberating for her than we may realize, and I really dig that kind of openness and honesty.

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: Troye Stormborn on September 27, 2019, 12:01:14 AM
its almost here guys time to stream

Purchase! And then stream! Chuck up that $1.39!

MelMel

Rxxf

Quote from: jtwoeleven on September 27, 2019, 01:15:55 AM
I especially like this because of how personal it sounds. Like she sounds like she's legit getting shit off her chest that she's needed to say for a long time. Between a the legal drama with her former label, her broken engagement, and the clap backs...woo! I get it, Brandy. This song was probably more liberating for her than we may realize, and I really dig that kind of openness and honesty.

I appreciate that.  For an album cut.
BRANDY

Heated🔥

September 27, 2019, 01:17:27 AM #911 Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 01:19:17 AM by Babyface
:gorlonfire:

Vonc2002

Quote from: jtwoeleven on September 27, 2019, 01:15:55 AM
I love it. Her best mess in a while

Rxxf

September 27, 2019, 01:18:27 AM #913 Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 01:19:18 AM by Rxxf
I think the reason why I'm "eh" about it... is because I'm used to Brandy releasing two singles every 4-7 years now...

And this would be ok, if I knew she would release 10+ songs in the next two years.
But.
BRANDY

shaunlamont89

Currently #75 on iTunes R&B. Debut and chart Queen ;p