Untitled Lee Daniels' FOX Music Pilot - Queen Latifah Cast in a Lead Role

Started by asdfghjkl, December 07, 2015, 10:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asdfghjkl

QuoteHOT FROM FOX...

ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE AND EMMY AWARD, GRAMMY AWARD AND GOLDEN GLOBE AWARD WINNER QUEEN LATIFAH LANDS LEAD ROLE IN NEW ?UNTITLED LEE DANIELS MUSIC PILOT?

After a Nationwide Search, Three Newcomers Cast in Leading Roles
Pilot Begins Production this Month in Atlanta

Academy Award nominee and Emmy Award, Grammy Award and Golden Globe Award winner Queen Latifah has been cast in a leading role in UNTITLED LEE DANIELS MUSIC PILOT. Written, created and directed by award-winning filmmaker Lee Daniels (EMPIRE, ?Lee Daniels? The Butler?), the new drama pilot follows three young women, who form a girl group with hopes of making it big in the music industry, and the choices with which they?re faced along the way. Tom Donaghy (?The Whole Truth?) will serve as writer and executive producer on the pilot with Daniels. From 20th Century Fox Television, the project begins production this month in Atlanta, GA.

Actress, musician, author and entrepreneur Queen Latifah anchors the cast as ?Carlotta,? the owner of an Atlanta beauty salon, with an amazing voice, who will become a surrogate mother to the three girls ? even though she doesn?t approve of their musical dreams.

After a nationwide search, three fresh faces ? actresses/singers Jude Demorest, Ryan Destiny and Brittany O?Grady ? have been cast as the girl group members.

Jude Demorest, from Detroit, MI, has landed the role of ?Star,? the tough 18-year-old who spent her childhood in and out of foster homes after the death of her mother, and who will do anything to become the star she was named to be.

Ryan Destiny, from Detroit, MI, has been cast as ?Alexandra,? the wealthy 20-year-old who grew up on New York?s Upper East Side, but who, for years, has tried to put her privileged world behind her, so she can make real, authentic music.

Brittany O?Grady, from Washington, DC, will play ?Simone,? Star?s younger sister who dreams of the day Star will return to rescue her from the abusive foster home in which she was placed five years before.

Together, the three will chase their dreams of making it big in the glamorous but cut-throat Atlanta music scene. What will they do to rise to the top?

:flamebroiled: :flamebroiled: :flamebroiled: :flamebroiled: :flamebroiled: :flamebroiled: :flamebroiled:

CarseyWerner

Je voudrais apprendre ? conna?tre si je pourrais ?tre, le genre de fille que vous pourriez ?tre en baisse pour

RekeRig

ch

Lee needs to focus on making Empire a more than decent show first.

garlic

Quote from: CarseyWerner on December 08, 2015, 06:07:29 AM
I read somewhere that Amiyah Scott was cast in this

[instagram]
[/instagram]

You can see in the comments that Jude says, "See you tomorrow."
Its lit.

CarseyWerner

Quote from: garlic on December 08, 2015, 06:18:03 AM
Quote from: CarseyWerner on December 08, 2015, 06:07:29 AM
I read somewhere that Amiyah Scott was cast in this

[instagram]
[/instagram]

You can see in the comments that Jude says, "See you tomorrow."
Its lit.
Who's ride is that? Is she phucking a dope boy?  :omgwatshappening:
Je voudrais apprendre ? conna?tre si je pourrais ?tre, le genre de fille que vous pourriez ?tre en baisse pour

BigDawg

Chile...then another spin off with Cookie's family. Vivica is supposed to be in it.

BRockaBaby

BigDawg

H

Somebody on theshaderoom said that,  Lee is on a crusade...he casted a Dyke and a Tranny already

BigDawg

This might actually be cute. The Ryan Destiny girl is the one from the group T Boz and Chilli worked with I belie. She can really dance and sing too.

Gilgamesh.

Ryan slays. I follow her on IG, she's been kinda quiet lately - I guess this explains why.

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: RIG on December 08, 2015, 06:08:33 AM
ch

Lee needs to focus on making Empire a more than decent show first.

! A year ago this would have excited me, but chile...

Anyway, is this giving anyone else a Destiny's Child tea?

BigDawg

With Empire they really need to extract the extra bullshit and flesh the characters out more. For instance Jamal's relationship with Michael is so disconnected because we rarely see them together. Then they throw random people in the mix that just arent needed or make sense...like the painter guy and Justine Skye. They really need to get back to the core. Annika's random obsession with Hakeem and being a Lyon is so random...shit just random