90210 Reboot CANCELLED

Started by Gilgamesh., November 10, 2019, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh.

Quote9021-No! FOX's revival of 'Beverly Hills, 90210' has been cancelled, the network announced in a heartbreaking statement on Nov. 7.

Fans of Beverly Hills, 90210 must say goodbye to their favorite characters for a second time (or third, if you count The CW's 90210), as FOX just revealed the BH90210 reboot won't return for a second season. In a statement released to HollywoodLife on Nov 7, the network said, "We are so proud to have reunited in a very special summer event one of the network's legacy series and casts with 90210 fans across the country.  Profound thanks to and respect for Brian [Austin Green], Gabrielle [Carteris], Ian [Ziering], Jason [Priestley], Jennie [Garth], Shannen [Doherty] and Tori [Spelling], who, along with the entire crew and everyone at FOX and CBS Television Studios, poured their hearts and souls into this truly inventive and nostalgic revival."

The 6-episode series, which first debuted on Aug. 7, 2019, had the Brian, Gabrielle, Ian, Jason, Jennie, Shannen and Tori playing themselves in a heightened version of reality inspired by their real lives and relationships, in which they dealt with launching a reboot of the 1990s TV series, Beverly Hills, 90210. Having parted ways 19 years after the original series ended in 2000, they reunited to get a reboot up and running, and were forced to reconcile their new lives with the complications of their histories together. The premiere was the summer's most-watched program, but viewership declined with each episode that followed. FOX did not say whether or not ratings inspired their decision to not continue with the reboot series — rather, they claim that BH90210 was always intended to be "a limited comedy event series". However, the cast had previously expressed interest in continuing to "work together ... season after season".

bye luv  :receipts:

M-Rocka

BigDawg

Lazarus

BAPHOMET.

STUNNA GOD

SSXXSGSTXGSGZGZGGSGZXGSGXGSGXGGSGZGZGSSGXGGSGXSGGSSG

:blessed:

wheres May?

CHOKE

kdkdkdkkdkdkdkdkdjdjjfjrjrjr

Who wants to watch a bunch of 50 year olds?

Cowgirl

Not sure why they thought this was a good idea. Was the original one even good?

b7

Quote from: TinaSnow on November 10, 2019, 12:02:53 PM
it was

The problem is that they were playing their real live selves in this one. It was a show within a show or something

HORRIBLE idea

Ma Lo

They should stop trying to remake movies and shows that already are iconic and stood the test of time.

b7

Adding Lala to the show was an even bigger slap in the face for long time fans dndnfnf shes fucking AWFUL 

all this black talent and the girls keep hiring her

Cowgirl

Quote from: 1RIG on November 10, 2019, 01:00:54 PM
Quote from: TinaSnow on November 10, 2019, 12:02:53 PM
it was

The problem is that they were playing their real live selves in this one. It was a show within a show or something

HORRIBLE idea
And they aged horribly
:thatssowendy:

Cowgirl

Quote from: 1RIG on November 10, 2019, 01:21:37 PM
Adding Lala to the show was an even bigger slap in the face for long time fans dndnfnf shes fucking AWFUL

all this black talent and the girls keep hiring her
What did she play? So sick of that bitch. :uhh:

Vonc2002

I watched a PIECE of one ep and it was fckn terrible. I hated the way they made it like a reality show but but scripted
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw