Netflix x Nickelodeon joining forces

Started by Gilgamesh., November 13, 2019, 02:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh.

QuoteNetflix is looking to stay competitive as the streaming market gets more crowded.

On Wednesday, Variety reported that Netflix and Nickelodeon are expanding their partnership. The two companies have inked a multi-million dollar output deal to produce original animated features and television shows. These projects will introduce new characters as well as revive some Nickelodeon classics.

"Nickelodeon has generated scores of characters that kids love, and we look forward to telling wholly original stories that re-imagine and expand on the worlds they inhabit," Netflix vice president of original animation Melissa Cobb said. "We're thrilled to continue collaborating with Brian Robbins, Ramsey Naito, and the creative team at Nickelodeon in new ways as we look to find fresh voices and bring bold stories to our global audience on Netflix."

Netflix's partnership with Nickelodeon is an attempt to capitalize on its young audience. Netflix says that 60% of its subscribers have children shows and movies as part of their regular rotation. As for Nickelodeon, this deal will help the network reach its intended demographic. Brian Robbins, the president of Nickelodeon, explains to Variety that the linear viewership at kids cable networks

I need an "Are Your Afraid of The Dark" reboot  :butwait!:

Young

reekz

I like this Disney plus app but I'll be damn if I give up Netflix. 

Kalifornia.

I'm actually not too impressed with Disney's app.

It's cute for the Marvel & classic Disney content, but I love documentaries and less family friendly mess.
Netflix kinda slays in that department.

Plastic.

best selling female rapper of all time

Cowboy Nine

November 13, 2019, 03:17:25 PM #7 Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 03:17:55 PM by Nine.
Quote from: Kalifornia. on November 13, 2019, 03:06:13 PM

It's cute for the classic Disney content, but I love documentaries and less family friendly mess.
!!!!!!

Disney+ is great for kids and comic book gorls

Other then the throwback mess I'm not feeling it.

Gilgamesh.

It's cute for the Marvel & classic Disney content, but I love documentaries and less family friendly mess.

I'm suprised the Disney+ is so popular outside the comic fans and parents with young kids.

i would have thought Lizzy Maguire & Raven etc would have seemed corny to the gorls at this point :diddraispoot:

FRANCE

Yeah. But to be fair, they just launched. So I think we gotta give em time to grow. Either way, they wont be able to compete with the diversity of the content Netflix provides.

Navyman

This only been a few days for Dusney Plus, they still have original content coming and their new content and other old dontent and plus did ya'll forget they bought Fox studios and since they own Hulu also, the rated R stuff etc... & originals will be offloaded on there.
The bundle>>>>>

The streaming war will see some of these gobble up and merge and leqve like only 3 or 4. Disney will be there

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Tonkaman on November 13, 2019, 03:59:13 PM
This only been a few days for Dusney Plus, they still have original content coming and their new content and other old dontent and plus did ya'll forget they bought Fox studios and since they own Hulu also, the rated R stuff etc... & originals will be offloaded on there.
The bundle>>>>>

The streaming war will see some of these gobble up and merge and leqve like only 3 or 4. Disney will be there

That's what i'm waiting on.

Opposites Attract.

Good. 

This Disney app is trash. It's cool for nostalgia purposes but after that then what?

I thought they purchased Fox. Where are the good movies. 

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Opposites Attract.

exactly.

Some of the movies aren't even available until next year.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

fedswatchin

Not too much on Disney lmao

Lizzie McGuire reboot is underway. Expect a Hannah Montana level of pandemonium to develop around then :feelinmyself:

And The Winter Soldier Bottoms for The Falcon series is currently being filmed. I know y'all like ya comics, so that should be a draw.

And they got some other stuff comin too, yea