Should R&B artists go on strike?

Started by MAY, December 12, 2015, 06:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AIDS!

Mel.

December 12, 2015, 07:03:38 PM #16 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:04:03 PM by Mel.
Quote from: Herbie on December 12, 2015, 06:59:46 PM
Quote from: Mel. on December 12, 2015, 06:57:45 PM
I think a strike might hurt more than help

I think maybe they should look into lowering the prices of their albums
as opposed to other genres...maybe like 5/6.99 for a full album
What will that say about their art though?
What message is that sending
That black music is worth less?

I mean...its not something I wouldn't want them to do
but sales are rapidly declining and something needs to happen

i think lowering the prices might give people the incentive to actually start buying again
I mean, its sad that that idea is something I have to even propose, but...it is what it is
nothing else is working..

Herb.

December 12, 2015, 07:04:18 PM #17 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:05:08 PM by Herbie
And tbh I don't really think there's anything that could be addressed IMO
Music and entertainment in general is very trendy.

And the buying audience is very fickle.

Years ago, we were crying about lack of black actors on our televisions.
Now we're sitting here DRAGGING the black TV shows that have become phenomenons.

It's trash! Sick of seeing this on TV.

It's always something.

BAPHOMET.

LOONA.

Meh

Most of these artists whining make the same "club! turn up!" music. Maybe they should just make better mess.

ForTheLoveofKellz

Why is there no fully black owned major label when 50% the pop musicians are black.

ForTheLoveofKellz

Oprah, Diddy & Dr. Dre should create a label and then push them through their avenues from OWN, Beats, Revolt etc.

Create a monopoly on black-origin music.

Buy The Stars✨

BAPHOMET.

Im curious.
Let's say we took the most basic of gorl (K.Michelle) and for a once in a lifetime thing.
Gave her the type of pre-album promotion Adolf Swift gets.

Do you think the public would actually buy her mess? I think not.

Herb.

Quote from: Baphomet. on December 12, 2015, 07:10:36 PM
Im curious.
Let's say we took the most basic of gorl (K.Michelle) and for a once in a lifetime thing.
Gave her the type of pre-album promotion Adolf Swift gets.

Do you think the public would actually buy her mess? I think not.
I mean she could get all the promo
but she's still a black womuh so her appeal would still remain limited.

BrokenHeartsHeal

Why do black artists have to experiment and do something extra edgy? White artists don't. The do the same shit too and ppl still support even though they aren't doing too good either. But single wise the girls GO UP for anything (income, population come into fact but still).

And even if black artists sing a diff. tune their fans still wouldn't buy no matter how good or bad. The problem lies in the black consumer and the crab in the barrel syndrome.

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

I hate how some will say blacks don't buy music. When your faves sell 65k first week that's from actual album sales. No label manipulation or digital mess. That's what I believe and feel in my heart plus our music is being undershipped. Hip-Hop is selling well digitally but even in stores those albums aren't being massed produced. The more albums you create, the more you sell.

If your label ships out 200k albums you're gonna have a first week under 90k because half of those albums are being given to others for free and the label more than likely won't pay to produce more.

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

and I hate to say this but nothing Beyonce, Nicki or Rihanna create is innovative so let's cut that shit short about creating better material lol