Should R&B artists go on strike?

Started by MAY, December 12, 2015, 06:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForTheLoveofKellz

December 12, 2015, 07:27:13 PM #45 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:27:37 PM by ForTheLoveofKellz
Quote from: Baphomet. on December 12, 2015, 07:23:15 PM
Quote from: ForTheLoveofKellz on December 12, 2015, 07:16:01 PM

Beyonc? eliminated every other female R&B singer out there, and the males who were successful (Ne-Yo, Chris Brown, Usher) sold their soul and did the glowstick mess.

I wouldn't Bey eliminated every other female artist in the 2000's.
She just made the general public redefine what they wanted out of a urban girl.
From videos/performances/etc.

Her perfectionist self ruined it for every urban girl to be honest. Now you gotta do cartwheels, massive MANES, sickening body & booty plus a kelly price vocals all in one.

It's not fair.

LOONA.

December 12, 2015, 07:28:33 PM #46 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:29:35 PM by Drais.
g

We've been living in the digital era for quite some time now. It's just common sense not to waste coin creating a large amount of physical CDs.

And the same artists who are flopping now without label support have been flopping in the past even with it and a full rollout of promo. 90% of the artists y'all whine about make basic ass music. Weren't y'all just lashing K. Michelle the other day for that new song that sounds like every other urban record? These artists have no identity or sound of their own. Why would anyone buy it?

Only a handful of artists can even move units. It goes far beyond genre these days.   

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

Quote from: Herbie on December 12, 2015, 07:24:47 PM
Quote from: GĖ??X on December 12, 2015, 07:21:53 PM
Quote from: Herbie on December 12, 2015, 07:17:27 PM
Quote from: GĖ??X on December 12, 2015, 07:15:43 PM
and I hate to say this but nothing Beyonce, Nicki or Rihanna create is innovative so let's cut that shit short about creating better material lol
I agree.

Jaz put together a masterpiece and it pretty much went unnoticed.

!!!!!!

If the label doesn't believe in you then it's a wrap. DOA of sorts. I remember when albums had roll outs. Everything was lined up and ready to go before the first single even dropped. There was a plan of action. Nowadays they just dropping singles seeing what sticks then waiting months and months to make the next move and by then the people are no longer interested in a full body of work
True.

THey had Jaz dancing around with puppets for this sickening song :uhh:
im all for a cute gimmick but keep that mess far away from a song that is this fucking soulfully flawless :uhh:

nnnnnnnnnn

I never seen this vvideo before what in the hell? This video wasn't a good look at all.

Buy The Stars✨

i mean pharell had one of the most popular songs last year with happy and only sold 113k first week ?? i mean thats a big amount but not enough with the success of that damn song

ForTheLoveofKellz

Quote from: Drais. on December 12, 2015, 07:28:33 PM
g

We've been living in the digital era for quite some time now. It's just common sense not to waste coin creating a large amount of physical CDs.

And the same artists who are flopping now without label support have been flopping in the past even with it and a full rollout of promo. 90% of the artists y'all whine about make basic ass music. Weren't y'all just lashing K. Michelle the other day for that new songs that sounds like every other urban record? These artists have no identity or sound of their own. Why would anyone buy it?

Only a handful of artists can even move units. It goes far beyond genre these days.   

But country music is not re-inventing the wheel either, but they always doing unbelievable numbers.

Herb.

its not rocket science.

we live in a predominately white country.....put a beautiful tall blond, blue eyed girl with a catchy hook and it's gonna sell.
cuz there's more little white girls in this country looking for an idol than there are black.
and more households which will gladly let their kids listen to Taylor.

the labels push the coins into promotion because they know they're getting a huge return.

Not even Beefasa, with all of her TALENT, hard work, etc....can get nearly as close...and it's not because of her professionalism. it's because she's a black womuh. and there will always be a glass ceiling somewhere, that not even SHE can bust through. so imagine the odds against someone like Jaz, or GHan, etc.

It's just all numbers. And sales.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Herbie on December 12, 2015, 07:24:47 PM
Quote from: GĖ??X on December 12, 2015, 07:21:53 PM
Quote from: Herbie on December 12, 2015, 07:17:27 PM
Quote from: GĖ??X on December 12, 2015, 07:15:43 PM
and I hate to say this but nothing Beyonce, Nicki or Rihanna create is innovative so let's cut that shit short about creating better material lol
I agree.

Jaz put together a masterpiece and it pretty much went unnoticed.

!!!!!!

If the label doesn't believe in you then it's a wrap. DOA of sorts. I remember when albums had roll outs. Everything was lined up and ready to go before the first single even dropped. There was a plan of action. Nowadays they just dropping singles seeing what sticks then waiting months and months to make the next move and by then the people are no longer interested in a full body of work
True.

THey had Jaz dancing around with puppets for this sickening song :uhh:
im all for a cute gimmick but keep that mess far away from a song that is this fucking soulfully flawless :uhh:

i fucking loved this song . who the fuck approved this video ... bitch shoulda been stomping it out with a SICKENING dance routine in the club

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

Quote from: DFW>>>> on December 12, 2015, 07:29:54 PM
i mean pharell had one of the most popular songs last year with happy and only sold 113k first week ?? i mean thats a big amount but not enough with the success of that damn song

and I feel his label dropped the ball with his release. They didn't treat his project as if he had the biggest song out at the time. Had it been Justin he would've had the whole red carpet roll out.

LOONA.

Quote from: ForTheLoveofKellz on December 12, 2015, 07:30:01 PM
g

And the same artists who are flopping now without label support have been flopping in the past even with it and a full rollout of promo. 90% of the artists y'all whine about make basic ass music. Weren't y'all just lashing K. Michelle the other day for that new songs that sounds like every other urban record? These artists have no identity or sound of their own. Why would anyone buy it?

But country music is not re-inventing the wheel either, but they always doing unbelievable numbers.

The same can be said about Rap & Rock. Those genres are always relevant and at the forefront.

ForTheLoveofKellz

Quote from: Herbie on December 12, 2015, 07:31:08 PM
its not rocket science.

we live in a predominately white country.....put a beautiful tall blond, blue eyed girl with a catchy hook and it's gonna sell.
cuz there's more little white girls in this country looking for an idol than there are black.
and more households which will gladly let their kids listen to Taylor.

the labels push the coins into promotion because they know they're getting a huge return.

Not even Beefasa, with all of her TALENT, hard work, etc....can get nearly as close...and it's not because of her professionalism. it's because she's a black womuh. and there will always be a glass ceiling somewhere, that not even SHE can bust through. so imagine the odds against someone like Jaz, or GHan, etc.

It's just all numbers. And sales.

I agree, there is a reason why Vivica A. Fox is deemed a superstar guest in African countries, but Jessica Simpson is probably a nobody over there.

ForTheLoveofKellz

And if somebody asks us to name rock musicians, we'd all think of Lenny Kravitz.

BAPHOMET.

g

And the same artists who are flopping now without label support have been flopping in the past even with it and a full rollout of promo. 90% of the artists y'all whine about make basic ass music. Weren't y'all just lashing K. Michelle the other day for that new song that sounds like every other urban record? These artists have no identity or sound of their own. Why would anyone buy it?

!!!!!

I mean.... Ariana isn't even selling big, and bunch of others who aren't black.

BrokenHeartsHeal

December 12, 2015, 07:34:36 PM #57 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:35:32 PM by BrokenHeartsHeal
More black girls could rocked and be relevant if the labels wanted them to. They could have put Lil Mo in the studio with Dr. Luke, snatched her body up, new wig, new life and some fertility control but Noooo we only have one or two machine for black girls (Rih), the rest of yall on your own.  :plea:

LOONA.

Quote from: ForTheLoveofKellz on December 12, 2015, 07:34:11 PM
And if somebody asks us to name rock musicians, we'd all think of Lenny Kravitz.

f

Maybe you would  :uhh:   

yummy

I don't think most R&B artists are as desperate for mainstream recognition as y'all like to think.

Release the music you want and cater to your fanbase. If Sarah or Adam like it, they'll come over and support. And if they don't...boo hoo.