Dwyane Wade Reveals Zion Will Now Go By 'Zaya' w/ She/Her Pronouns

Started by Freemala Harris, February 11, 2020, 08:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

Dwayne Wade Reveals 12-Year-Old Child Will Now Go By Zaya

In December, Wade did an interview where he referred to the 12-year-old with she/her pronouns. Now, Wade has revealed that one day the child came home and sat Wade and Union down and asked not only to be referred to with those pronouns, but to also be called Zaya, as she comes into her identity.

"So internally it's our job to one go out and get information, to reach out to every relationship that we have, " Wade said of his reaction "My wife reached out to everyone on the cast of Pose. We just tried to figure out as much information as we can to help our child be her best self." Pose, notably, is staffed with many queer and trans people of color in front of and behind the camera, who likely could lend Wade and the rest of the family some advice.

"I looked at her and said you are a leader," Wade continued, explaining his conversation with Zaya. "It's our opportunity to allow you to be a voice. Right now, it's through us because she's 12 years old, but eventually it will be through her." DeGeneres went on to note that Wade and his family are currently also doing with with GLSEN, an organization that not only fights discrimination, harassment and bullying against LGBTQ+ individuals, but also works, in general, to make schools a more accepting place for queer and trans kids.

https://www.out.com/celebs/2020/2/11/dwayne-wade-reveals-12-year-old-child-will-now-go-zaya

Ack! Go ahead quee

Nine

Plastic.

best selling female rapper of all time

ton

Oh I thought sis was just a fag not a womuh

Alright then princess

Bruce

I don't understand the rush, of it all. Taking her to pride at such a young age, when IMO pride is not appropriate for children.  I think that it could be possible that they are moving too fast, they are too public and they need to give her time to sort out her feelings privately. Kids change their minds about a lot of things, so be open but take it slow and the world does not need to know.

LOONA.

He doesn't need to give us every little detail of that child's life.     

LOONA.

Bentley. HARRIS!

Ok I'm just gonna say it

It's weird that he's so involved with his sons sexuality. This goes beyond gender to me. And it's happening to kids everywhere. Sexualizing kids or putting kids in adult themed sexual situation is fun. A lot of ppl are lowkey pedophiles and don't even realize it.

Instead of talking about homework and Sunday school, he's sneaking in this boys room having conversations about dick and being a girl and lgbt issues?!!! Like ... is everybody ok?

And how come ppl can just slide down the scale. Ok he was gay, we support him. Nah really he's just a woman in a boys body. Ok so now he's not gay? :uhh:

Like ..... I'm really tired :dead:

ton

Bentley. HARRIS!

ssss
See I can't keep up

I guess I assumed because I saw a photo of Dwayne and Gabby taking him to pride and introducing him to a bunch of men

I gotta find it

Bentley. HARRIS!

Vonc2002

Quote from: LOONA. on February 11, 2020, 10:11:37 AM
He doesn't need to give us every little detail of that child's life.     
I kinda agree BUT I think he may also be trying to send a msg. I'm not embarrassed or my child and it's OKAY to embrace the mess
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Plastic.

best selling female rapper of all time

Nine

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 11, 2020, 10:23:07 AM

I think he may also be trying to send a msg. I'm not embarrassed or my child and it's OKAY to embrace the mess
yeah

Nine

You girls wish your parents would support y'all like this.

Instead of shunning your fruity asses.