I always forgot the soulful white flop girl

Started by Nonchalantboi, April 11, 2020, 05:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonchalantboi

I remember she was also a stan of Brandy and you could hear the influence in her harmonies I remember in an old interview she this;

"
KD: Brandy is great. Brandy and Blake English actually wrote that song. Blake is a local producer based out of Atlanta, but now he's in L.A. He's an incredible producer and songwriter. Working with Brandy was great. I think the biggest thing I took from her was that she taught me how to harmonize in the studio and layer and do harmonies in a way I've never heard anyone do. It's like there's too much harmony, but I liked that because of how much she harmonized, I learned from that. It was cool. She was nice, I don't keep in touch with her, but she was cool."

She actually has a couple songs that was written by Brandy that she sang too  :stressed:

🔥🔥🔥

Nonchalantboi

🔥🔥🔥

Aalonso.

April 11, 2020, 01:28:58 PM #2 Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 01:29:35 PM by L0NZ.
sacrificing my sanity to post this because I know it's going to be in my head for a week.

Nonchalantboi

Quote from: L0NZ. on April 11, 2020, 01:28:58 PM
sacrificing my sanity to post this because I know it's going to be in my head for a week.

This was my mess  :stressed: simple girl album was life

🔥🔥🔥

Keionte

Simple Girl was a solid album. I loved it then and I love it now. Maybe because its so heavily brandy influenced. Timbaland really mishandled her and the album got shelved

wizzy

thought this was a Joss Stone thread
love Kiley though