“The Clark Sister” Movie is on right now!

Started by GLOCK, April 11, 2020, 08:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh.

They're bodying this song and it's only the intro :omf:

Le Champ

Gilgamesh.

Mattie was too strong for Elbert. 

OMG the mess with their Dad. I knew there was a reason they never speak about him :gorlonfire:

Gilgamesh.

April 12, 2020, 06:16:33 AM #154 Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 07:36:42 AM by Gilgamesh.
I love how they show the tender moments between Mattie and the girls individually. She was tough on the group but you can tell she loved her daughters

Gilgamesh.

April 12, 2020, 07:35:24 AM #155 Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 07:37:16 AM by Gilgamesh.
My only complaint, and I'm being super picky as a fan, I feel like Dorinda's suicide attempt and Karen's surgery could have been fleshed our way more (or been saved for a part 2).

They made it seem like happened a couple years after their Mom's death, it was almost a decade later and a much bigger deal in Gospel community than the movie illustrates. Matter fact, the pacing seemed rushed after Mattie passed.

Again I'm being critical as fan, the movie itself was absolutely amazing.

Demm_

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on April 12, 2020, 07:35:24 AM
My only complaint, and I'm being super picky as a fan, I feel like Dorinda's suicide attempt and Karen's surgery could have been fleshed our way more (or been saved for a part 2).

They made it seem like happened a couple years after their Mom's death, it was almost a decade later and a much bigger deal in Gospel community than the movie illustrates. Matter fact, the pacing seemed rushed after Mattie passed.

Again I'm being critical as fan, the movie itself was absolutely amazing.
I said the same thing...when folks thought Karen was gonna die, it was serious. Everybody knew. The suicide attempt with Dorinda could have been fleshed out more...she went through more than that. Rome, didn't she drink and stuff too?

b7

Quote from: Lee on April 11, 2020, 09:27:39 PM
Quote from: GLOCK on April 11, 2020, 09:23:46 PM
The pacing is good tho.
It's been on for 1.5 hours

I'm loving the singing but I can tell they were squeezing to include everything
pretty unfortunate

Should've been done damn near like the Jackson 5 biopic. Multiple parts

b7

Quote from: Harlem on April 11, 2020, 09:40:08 PM
Quote from: GLOCK on April 11, 2020, 09:38:55 PM
They are lowkey doing Denise with dignity and respect while still telling the truth ..
and making u feel for her

I thought it would be a smear campaign to make the movie good tbh .. but she would be proud

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denise would be fuckin proud!!! I'm over here like yes bitch you better be independent and follow your intuition and purpose!!!
idk. Her side is already disputing the funeral scene and people are tweeting receipts of the real footage

Sndndndndnfnnf the sisters definitely got their lil jabs in with this film. Tryna be covert about it but this movie slayed for sure

Aunjanue Ellis deserves every award in the book for embodying their mother like that, and of course everyone else was perfect in their role. Kierra, Christina Belle as Twinkie!!! Sheléa as Dorinda, and even ole girl actually looking like Jacky >

Gilgamesh.

I think so. And the suicide attempt itself was triggered by that messy court case she was dealing with. In the film it's like Twinkie was hospitalised weeks after Mattie's death, which led to Rinda's suicide, I was like HUH!? :diddraispoot: but I totally get it, it's a biopic not "what Karen/Dorinda/Twinkie" did next. 

What was your favourite scene? 

Gilgamesh.

Not since Jamie in Ray have I seen someone embody a character like Aunjanue :omf:

Their Mom always seemed mean to me but she totally made me empathise with her. 

Demm_

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on April 12, 2020, 08:53:12 AM
I think so. And the suicide attempt itself was triggered by that messy court case she was dealing with. In the film it's like Twinkie was hospitalised weeks after Mattie's death, which led to Rinda's suicide, I was like HUH!? :diddraispoot: but I totally get it, it's a biopic not "what Karen/Dorinda/Twinkie" did next.

What was your favourite scene?
Wasn't the court case about her writing that song or nah?

I didn't know Twinkie was hospitalized tho.
My favorite scene was prob the one in the hospital when she was telling each one what they meant and then they sang Praying Spirit...

Whew...🥺
Yours?

Demm_

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on April 12, 2020, 08:55:51 AM
Not since Jamie in Ray have I seen someone embody a character like Aunjanue :omf:

Their Mom always seemed mean to me but she totally made me empathise with her.
!!!
Throwing shoes and stuff but I get it now,
Mattie was just passionate.

b7

April 12, 2020, 09:01:37 AM #163 Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:02:22 AM by 1RIG
Quote from: KippDaddy on April 12, 2020, 01:54:51 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on April 12, 2020, 12:03:35 AM
They LASHED

Never seen this

https://twitter.com/seabethree/status/1249117628314124290

:loose2when:

Karen....

See now I understand the harmonies!  Lordt!!!!!!!!!!!
AMAZING

You would think there was like 7 people sitting there. For only 4 of them to sound this full is just next level

Demm_

I hope everyone can really see what Jacky can do when she's in the original key cause that Terrell show...whew...:hmph: