Brandy “Baby Mama” (Feat. Chance The Rapper) is out May 1st

Started by Buddha, April 13, 2020, 03:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: 1RIG on April 14, 2020, 06:34:13 PM
I, for one, don't give af who does and doesn't like it sdddd ima get this single and ENJOY after 8 damn years

And when the album comes ... 👋🏾
tbfh

RAY7

Eh...

Quote from: KippDaddy on April 14, 2020, 06:11:51 PM
Quote from: Eh... on April 14, 2020, 06:06:53 PM
Lol so the 3 people on the board who have heard it all have different opinions

1 loves it, the other thinks it is an ok song but a good/decent reintroduction, and the other doesn't really care for it but it isn't horrible and says the video is cute

Yep... We all just need to wait to hear it for ourselves at this point

I think rig and I both love it.

I don't think it's a song anyone is going to hate.   It's a bop.   I've said since I've first heard it some of the "deep" brandy fans are going to have issues with it because she isn't going for Bjork. 

I'm just excited the whole team is on board.   In the past everyone was split on the first single direction everyone loves this one .

Again,   I love it.

I was one of the people who was campaigning hard for I Am More to be the first single.

But I get it,  a single like that doesn't have the power to crossover and garner attention like BM does
Oh, I didn't know Tarig heard it too.  So 4 people on the board have heard it
Eh... 🤷🏾‍♂️

Young

Le Champ

Quote from: 1RIG on April 14, 2020, 06:34:13 PM
I, for one, don't give af who does and doesn't like it sdddd ima get this single and ENJOY after 8 damn years

And when the album comes ... 👋🏾
!!!

I'm ready to LEAN

FRANCE

Quote from: KippDaddy on April 14, 2020, 06:28:17 PM
Quote from: LF on April 14, 2020, 06:25:24 PM
Quote from: Buddha on April 14, 2020, 06:07:41 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on April 14, 2020, 06:04:00 PM
Quote from: Buddha on April 14, 2020, 06:02:13 PM
If you guys are expecting a song that'll blow up like "Put It Down" this isn't it. This is just an enjoyable record with great vocals and production. And its age appropriate too

Wait I feel like this song has potentially to do
More than PID

ESP if marketed correctly

eh "Put It Down" definitely felt more instant than this. Plus it was on a major label, had a Chris Brown feature and was specifically geared towards young people.

i like Baby Mama more but yeah

I think I will side more with this opinion when the song is released. PID appealed to a younger audience and was a song both males and females would play. Thats a big part of what made it a hit cause a nigga like Joe Budden would play it and she also had the ladies singing it at the same time. Baby Mama on the other hand is really only going to appeal to women for the most part, particularly mothers. But I just know the song will be flames.

I don't agree with this.   BM has a sound that will resonate with younger audiences.  The subject matter is one that all women can get behind.   And the addition of chance will help streaming and appeal to all genders

Time will tell. A lot of my str8 male friends bumped PID heavy. But I cant see em boppin down to a song called Baby Mama. But I havent hrd the song in full yet, so I cant really say for sure obviously. I just see myself leaning more towards Buddha's thoughts about the song.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: 1RIG on April 14, 2020, 06:33:03 PM
I only needed 10 seconds to know it shits on Put it down and im one of the few that still enjoy PID

but yea. There'll be no comparison IMO :dead: the horns and overall production, alone >>>>>

!!!

i still listen to PID.. Its on my work out mix.. and the GEN POP enjoyed it.  I think most the hardcore bran fans didnt like it but anytime i heard PID in a bar or club the gays kinda went up

curious if BM can be played in a club?

BigDawg

When PID first came out, I was in a club and the song came on and the video was on a these big ass screens, I fuckin froze

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

Le Champ

Sidebar, y'all think we still gon get some mess from Camper? Could Brandy be hitting us with a one-two punch?
:stressed:

b7

Quote from: Lee on April 14, 2020, 06:51:57 PM
Sidebar, y'all think we still gon get some mess from Camper? Could Brandy be hitting us with a one-two punch?
that would be nice!

I feel like she has more things coming than people are talking about but idk anything.

I kinda like going into May 1st (basically April 30th) not knowing what's gonna happen. Camper guaranteed he'd close the month out with music but who knows what

Purple Moon

Quote from: 1RIG on April 14, 2020, 06:54:14 PM
Sidebar, y'all think we still gon get some mess from Camper? Could Brandy be hitting us with a one-two punch?
that would be nice!

I feel like she has more things coming than people are talking about but idk anything.

I kinda like going into May 1st (basically April 30th) not knowing what's gonna happen. Camper guaranteed he'd close the month out with music but who knows what

maybe she told him to wait a bit more because of the new Baby Mama date.
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

b7

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on April 14, 2020, 06:55:19 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on April 14, 2020, 06:54:14 PM
that would be nice!

maybe she told him to wait a bit more because of the new Baby Mama date.
i don't think he'll wait

He may just put a different song out. He has other artists all over his project I'm sure

b7

I'm not anyone's daddy on this board, but i hope y'all don't ruin this for the fans that wanna be surprised and see the video for themselves. In terms of giving away too many details 

Harlem

Ok, ok... I'm more concerned about this video... not Gifted swooping through and being like it's mehhh...

Buddha and Kipp, what's ya thoughts?

wizzy

Quote from: Troye on April 14, 2020, 06:36:33 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on April 14, 2020, 06:33:03 PM
I only needed 10 seconds to know it shits on Put it down and im one of the few that still enjoy PID

but yea. There'll be no comparison IMO :dead: the horns and overall production, alone >>>>>

!!!

i still listen to PID.. Its on my work out mix.. and the GEN POP enjoyed it.  I think most the hardcore bran fans didnt like it but anytime i heard PID in a bar or club the gays kinda went up

curious if BM can be played in a club?
!!! I think people are confusing the quality of the song with the single choice itself
PID was her best single choice in yrs with garnering non-fans to take listen and receiving play everywhere
I don't doubt that BM will be a better quality song whether or not it dominates radio or gets heavy play everywhere