Kehlani - It Was Good Until It Wasn't (Album Discussion)

Started by zaiye9837, April 24, 2020, 01:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GLOCK

Quote from: 1RIG on May 08, 2020, 01:07:34 AM
My close friend is a Stan and says there are like zero uptempos on this record and she's super deep in her feelings. Mixed reviews so far but it's so early  :dead:

Ima listen for myself. I can tell it's nothing like the amazing EP she dropped over a year ago
mfjdjdjd accidentally thought this was a bran thread
Was about to stan  :plzstop:

Bye

CREAM.

CREAM.

I'm listening to her first album and ACK

I don't even like her like that buts it's so good

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Navyman on May 08, 2020, 03:57:40 AM
Welp.

https://twitter.com/kuhlaniszn/status/1258638161376411649?s

I didn't even want SSS.

I did however want While We Wait Lani on an album.

Can she give "real r&b" with some structure and songs with a damn bridge?  :dead:

Her first album was so good. She could use that template and evolve it with these new beats, so it's harder and less poppy.

All these excuses for laziness. Maybe she needs someone like Lawshawn (rip) or a really involved producer to push her and bring that out of her. I'm wondering if pop/oak did that for her on the first album. Left to her own devices everything just sounds like a mixtape.

Checkmate Burruss

I'm not really that into her, but I like that voice doesn't necessarily sound like the rest of the sad girls. I use a good handful of these songs a lil bit.
THEY DO ANYDAMNTHANG FUH BSOURCE CLOUT

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Checkmate Burruss on May 08, 2020, 09:19:24 AM
I'm not really that into her, but I like that voice doesn't necessarily sound like the rest of the sad girls. I use a good handful of these songs a lil bit.

That's her saving grace, is her voice and tone. But she still needs someone to teach her how to use it. Sometimes I feel like she's yelling.

Purple Moon

I liked her last album (or was it an ep?) more. But its cute .
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

🦚

YOUR WEEKEND FORECAST

NAV, Kehlani and Lil Durk will earn the top debuts next week as Drake's Dark Lane Demo Tapes goes into its second week.

NAV (XO/Republic) 70-75k total activity, 11-13k albums
Kehlani (TSNMI/Atlantic) 60-65k, 5-7k
Lil Durk (Alamo/Geffen/Interscope) 45-50k, 1-2k

New singles from Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber, along with 6ix9ine make some noise in their first day.

Ari & Justin's "Stuck With U" (SB/Def Jam/Republic) topped the Spotify and iTunes charts while racking up nearly 5m streams in day one.

Notorious rapper 6ix9ine earned 4m streams for his new single "GOOBA" (6ix9ine/Create), even with the handicap of its midday release on Friday. It's currently #2 at Apple Music and the video has 39m views at YouTube in the first 24 hours.

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

🦚

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Sovereign.

It's a good album. I feel it lyrically. "Water" is dope. I love "Grieving" with James Blake too.

b7

Quote from: Navyman on May 08, 2020, 01:10:37 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on May 08, 2020, 01:07:34 AM
My close friend is a Stan and says there are like zero uptempos on this record and she's super deep in her feelings. Mixed reviews so far but it's so early  :dead:

Ima listen for myself. I can tell it's nothing like the amazing EP she dropped over a year ago

At all!!!  :plzstop:
that's unfortunate

She showed sooooo much growth on it smh