Tori Kelly Sings "Long Distance' and 'Right Here' on IG Live; Stans "HUMAN"

Started by FRANCE, May 07, 2020, 11:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on May 08, 2020, 10:10:09 AM
Random but I keep forgetting Human was twelve freaking years ago.
Even more random than that is all of her albums being released in an even numbered year sdddd

Surprised she doesn't like an odd mess.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

FRANCE

Quote from: 1RIG on May 09, 2020, 01:58:49 PM
Quote from: 89 on May 08, 2020, 09:31:03 AM
Right Here is a much better song than Long Distance
and Tori definitely sounded better on it
it sounds like she was singing LD like the Bruno demo
issa no for me but she sounded good
Yeah i didn't enjoy LD like that. I think it was too low for her or something and ive never cared for her lows like that

A part of that is because she didnt really remember the song like that. She just did it off top, and prob havent listened to it much or at all since it came out. Same w/ Right Here. So she was just singing along based on memory. If she were to really prepare for it and revisit the song, she woulda done more.

No one can sing that song like Brandy though. It was tailor made for her.

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: 1RIG on May 09, 2020, 01:57:40 PM
Quote from: LF on May 08, 2020, 08:49:42 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on May 08, 2020, 04:50:55 AM
Its toward the end of the RHD video for me

dddsdsd STAN. It's hard not to wanna mimic Brandy's tone/style when singing her songs
  :kii: she slayed

Tori is one of those artists that can mimic her shit and do it flawlessly because she's that agile and precise as a singer.

I think her love for the album Human also gives testament to the fact that although its not a lot of her fan's favourite, it did connect with a lot of the Pop audience, the white bitches if you will, along with the gospel crowd as well.

Tori obviously played the hell out of that album in her teens and is now revisiting it. The way she lights up when thinking about that album.

Human deserves its flowers.
!!!!!!!!

And makes sense as to why Brandy wants to try country next. She did a lot of it in that era anyway and can do anything. Why tf not
:blessed:

:disgusted:

FRANCE

ffffddd
Yeah, Brandy can skip country music period. Nobody wants to hear that. 

Le Champ

I'm not against some country mess from Brandy, but just like an EP. 

b7

Quote from: LF on May 09, 2020, 02:28:06 PM
ffffddd
Yeah, Brandy can skip country music period. Nobody wants to hear that.
it'll still be "Brandy" tho

Not straight up country music. I took it as country infused

What do you all think Stand back, Torn down and all those songs gave? She did country harmonies all up and through Human
:dead:

b7

"Please come to Boston" alone

:omf:

she'd eat that genre alive and it would still be R&B all in there. Count me tf in for THAT. I'll take it over Christmas and Gospel. No ma'am

Cowgirl

Quote from: LF on May 08, 2020, 08:49:42 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on May 08, 2020, 04:50:55 AM
Its toward the end of the RHD video for me

dddsdsd STAN. It's hard not to wanna mimic Brandy's tone/style when singing her songs
  :kii: she slayed

Tori is one of those artists that can mimic her shit and do it flawlessly because she's that agile and precise as a singer.

I think her love for the album Human also gives testament to the fact that although its not a lot of her fan's favourite, it did connect with a lot of the Pop audience, the white bitches if you will, along with the gospel crowd as well.

Tori obviously played the hell out of that album in her teens and is now revisiting it. The way she lights up when thinking about that album.

Human deserves its flowers.
I'm ready to praise Human a bit.

:heyddy:

b7

Human Era >>>

My absolute favorite era, vocally. I just wish she mixed her songs back then, the way she does now. Whew!!! Vocals in ur fucking FACE 

lash me Queen