Nia Long: ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Producers Passed on Me Because I Was ‘Too Black & T

Started by Lazarus, July 18, 2020, 01:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ophababes.

Quote from: CREAM. on July 18, 2020, 01:44:53 PM

bitch the way they slayed all thr promos too. im starting to remember i honestly stanned

slay bitches !

:thatssowendy:

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: Troye on July 18, 2020, 01:58:07 PM
Quote from: Jayda X on July 18, 2020, 01:49:30 PM
Quote from: Troye on July 18, 2020, 01:48:46 PM
I mean it was supposed to go with thandie Newton but there were scheduling conflicts so they gave her part to Lucy Liu
thandie newton recently said they were basically trying to stereotype her so she passed

Really wow ?? In this video here it saos cause she was still shooting mission impossible   They also gave it to Jada too but she passed and also Aaliyah but they said she was too young

https://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi46251801
I need to find the recent interview with Thandie when she laid it all out there and even read Amy Pascal (who was in charge of Columbia Pictures in some capacity at the time)
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

ophababes.

I mean it was supposed to go with thandie Newton but there were scheduling conflicts so they gave her part to Lucy Liu
thandie newton recently said they were basically trying to stereotype her so she passed

Really wow ?? In this video here it saos cause she was still shooting mission impossible   They also gave it to Jada too but she passed and also Aaliyah but they said she was too young

ack ack acccckkkkkkk

:stressed: :stressed: :stressed:

Dr Naomi Campbell

The director said to me, 'I can't wait for this. The first shot is going to be...You're going to think it's like yellow lines down a road, and you pull back and you realize it's the stitching, because the denim is so tight on your ass it's going to look like tarmac.' I was like, 'Oh, I don't think we're going to go down this road together.'"

Newton also revealed that Sony executive Amy Pascal didn't think she would be "believable" in the role because Alex "went to university and is educated." Newton reminded Pascal that she attended Cambridge, but the actress said Pascal responded to her by saying, 'Yeah, but you're different. Maybe there could be a scene where you're in a bar and she gets up on a table and starts shaking her booty.' She's basically reeling off these stereotypes of how to be more convincing as a Black character."

b7

now see

ophababes.

ok that pascal bitch tried it, than' had every right to lash

but the blue jeans bit... thandie girl  :dead:

and ack! mc g woulda slayed tf outta that sequence too  :stressed:

but yea, the cards all ki da fell where they.. shoulda

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: coffelia_buchanan on July 18, 2020, 02:03:13 PM

ack ack acccckkkkkkk

:stressed: :stressed: :stressed:

Aaliyah had the right look for it.  I wish she woulda got that part ! She woulda slayed it

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Jayda X on July 18, 2020, 02:10:56 PM

The director said to me, 'I can't wait for this. The first shot is going to be...You're going to think it's like yellow lines down a road, and you pull back and you realize it's the stitching, because the denim is so tight on your ass it's going to look like tarmac.' I was like, 'Oh, I don't think we're going to go down this road together.'"

Newton also revealed that Sony executive Amy Pascal didn't think she would be "believable" in the role because Alex "went to university and is educated." Newton reminded Pascal that she attended Cambridge, but the actress said Pascal responded to her by saying, 'Yeah, but you're different. Maybe there could be a scene where you're in a bar and she gets up on a table and starts shaking her booty.' She's basically reeling off these stereotypes of how to be more convincing as a Black character."

Wow that sucks to read smh

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: Lazarus on July 18, 2020, 01:26:21 PM
"The feedback that I received from my agent was, ' just looked too old and sophisticated to be next to Drew,'" Long claimed in a new interview with Insider.

Continuing, Long said:

"I love Drew Barrymore, I think she's amazing, but I think that was just a nice way to say you're a little too Black. Personally, that's what I think. Because if you notice there were no brown skin [actors]. I mean, honestly, I would have been the blackest thing in the film."

Concluding, she stated:

"...that was clearly not the job and opportunity for me. So, no problem, I'll keep it moving."
ummm ..... why did she flip the words

They said you were OLD hun :uhh:

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Bentley. THE Moderator. on July 18, 2020, 03:13:28 PM
Quote from: Lazarus on July 18, 2020, 01:26:21 PM
"The feedback that I received from my agent was, ' just looked too old and sophisticated to be next to Drew,'" Long claimed in a new interview with Insider.

Continuing, Long said:

"I love Drew Barrymore, I think she's amazing, but I think that was just a nice way to say you're a little too Black. Personally, that's what I think. Because if you notice there were no brown skin [actors]. I mean, honestly, I would have been the blackest thing in the film."

Concluding, she stated:

"...that was clearly not the job and opportunity for me. So, no problem, I'll keep it moving."
ummm ..... why did she flip the words

They said you were OLD hun :uhh:

because both Drew and Cameron look older so that was clearly bullshit.

Zankou.

No. Thandie turned it down because she didn't like the way the director was sexualizing her