Nia Long: ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Producers Passed on Me Because I Was ‘Too Black & T

Started by Lazarus, July 18, 2020, 01:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Zan' on July 18, 2020, 03:26:23 PM
Quote from: Troye on July 18, 2020, 01:48:46 PM
I mean it was supposed to go with thandie Newton but there were scheduling conflicts so they gave her part to Lucy Liu

No. Thandie turned it down because she didn't like the way the director was sexualizing her

Yeah we discussed that alreAdy.  I was going off of a IMDb video that's posted in this thread as well.  Thanks

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 18, 2020, 03:24:35 PM
Quote from: Bentley. THE Moderator. on July 18, 2020, 03:13:28 PM
Quote from: Lazarus on July 18, 2020, 01:26:21 PM
"The feedback that I received from my agent was, ' just looked too old and sophisticated to be next to Drew,'" Long claimed in a new interview with Insider.

Continuing, Long said:

"I love Drew Barrymore, I think she's amazing, but I think that was just a nice way to say you're a little too Black. Personally, that's what I think. Because if you notice there were no brown skin [actors]. I mean, honestly, I would have been the blackest thing in the film."

Concluding, she stated:

"...that was clearly not the job and opportunity for me. So, no problem, I'll keep it moving."
ummm ..... why did she flip the words

They said you were OLD hun :uhh:

because both Drew and Cameron look older so that was clearly bullshit.
:plzstop:

Cartierline

Well did they lie? I couldn't imagine Nia in the mess.

It's on her if she thinks the reason they didn't cast her is because she's black.

Opposites Attract.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Cartierline

And wasn't the Charlie's Angels movie of the era where almost EVERY movie had a token black actor/actress? Yeah I'm not really understanding her viewpoint here.

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: Cartier X Shabazz on July 18, 2020, 04:52:13 PM
And wasn't the Charlie's Angels movie of the era where almost EVERY movie had a token black actor/actress? Yeah I'm not really understanding her viewpoint here.
yh in a minimal shitty role that got killed off in the first 15 mins  :dead:
I think her point is valid because they tried the same shit with Thandie

Dr Naomi Campbell

She wasn't surprised or shocked hun
She's literally recounting her experience with the lack of diversity of roles, she wasn't bitter about it, she said if it wasn't for her, it wasn't for her.

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 18, 2020, 03:24:35 PM
Quote from: Bentley. THE Moderator. on July 18, 2020, 03:13:28 PM
Quote from: Lazarus on July 18, 2020, 01:26:21 PM
"The feedback that I received from my agent was, ' just looked too old and sophisticated to be next to Drew,'" Long claimed in a new interview with Insider.

Continuing, Long said:

"I love Drew Barrymore, I think she's amazing, but I think that was just a nice way to say you're a little too Black. Personally, that's what I think. Because if you notice there were no brown skin [actors]. I mean, honestly, I would have been the blackest thing in the film."

Concluding, she stated:

"...that was clearly not the job and opportunity for me. So, no problem, I'll keep it moving."
ummm ..... why did she flip the words

They said you were OLD hun :uhh:

because both Drew and Cameron look older so that was clearly bullshit.
sssssssssssssssssssss

I'm a Nia hater tbh

ophababes.

quee nia wasn't right for this role guys

lets let the iconic installments be. they've suffered enough from that awful ass movie quee elizabeth banks threw together

she wanted to be an angel so bad  :dead: