Brandy- I Wanna Be Down Ft Teyana Taylor, HER, Erykah Badu & Bran' Nu VIDEO

Started by Buy The Stars✨, October 27, 2020, 01:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'ology

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 29, 2020, 01:54:52 PM
Quote from: BorderL0NZ. on October 29, 2020, 01:51:58 PM
Bran Nu has slated me several times if we're being honest. She has the style, voice, and flow. It's just the lyrics sometimes. Symphony, You're Beautiful, Hot Shot, Gonna Find My Love, Meet In The Middle dhdhdhdhdhdh ackkkk
I agree BUT in rap it's literally all about the lyrics fr :dead:
It's always the lyrics! Zzzzzbsxbxbz
She has a great flow and delivery the lyrics and especially her use of similes
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

Brandy's Unconditional Ocean

Quote from: 'ology on October 29, 2020, 05:07:51 AM
This was her best verse I ever heard
It's wild seeing people quote her and Erykah's verses like this.  They all really did an incredible job

ugh

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 29, 2020, 01:53:20 PM
Shit show of an era? Are we experiencing the same era :dead:
That has to be because u dont like the album and that's effecting ur outlook  because this is the most visible and ALIGNED brandy has been with her music in a while. From the census performance, to the day show performances, to all the interviews, to the billboard awards, to this. This era is NOT a shit show :omf:
And breaking the VERZUZ record that ain't nobody beating for quite a while

ch

:receipts: :receipts:

'ology

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on October 29, 2020, 01:47:22 PM
This is the best thing that's happened this whole shit show of an era, and she's not even singing. And after all the hate she got for Bran'Nu back in the day i feel like this is affirmation, def don't want her to start rapping but it's good to see her try again and really slay it. I don't know what the fuck was going on with Hgh Heels.
:usuresis:
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

GYNandTONIC

Bran'Nu been had bars. IMO her wordplay is kinda masterful. She just uses slang that doesn't really fit her. It's never the full bar for me, it's usually just a word. 

Also the name in itself was corny. I just wanted her to be Brandy rapping, not some alter ego. But if she keeps it conscious rap I think it works.

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on October 29, 2020, 03:24:16 PM
Bran'Nu been had bars. IMO her wordplay is kinda masterful. She just uses slang that doesn't really fit her. It's never the full bar for me, it's usually just a word.

Also the name in itself was corny. I just wanted her to be Brandy rapping, not some alter ego. But if she keeps it conscious rap I think it works.
That's what really has people stanning.  And it feels genuine on her part

:wub:

this ERA >

the last two eras could only hope and wish  :kii:

Vonc2002

Quote from: 'ology on October 29, 2020, 03:13:15 PM
Bran Nu has slated me several times if we're being honest. She has the style, voice, and flow. It's just the lyrics sometimes. Symphony, You're Beautiful, Hot Shot, Gonna Find My Love, Meet In The Middle dhdhdhdhdhdh ackkkk
*sigh*
Flow like row in a bow, like grass I mow
:uhh:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: Brandy's 2021 Grammy on October 29, 2020, 03:18:15 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 29, 2020, 01:53:20 PM
Shit show of an era? Are we experiencing the same era :dead:
That has to be because u dont like the album and that's effecting ur outlook  because this is the most visible and ALIGNED brandy has been with her music in a while. From the census performance, to the day show performances, to all the interviews, to the billboard awards, to this. This era is NOT a shit show :omf:
And breaking the VERZUZ record that ain't nobody beating for quite a while

ch

:receipts: :receipts:
AND THAT! I forgot to mention.  She's literally been killing it this era :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

brocka4life

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on October 29, 2020, 01:47:22 PM
This is the best thing that's happened this whole shit show of an era, and she's not even singing. And after all the hate she got for Bran'Nu back in the day i feel like this is affirmation, def don't want her to start rapping but it's good to see her try again and really slay it. I don't know what the fuck was going on with Hgh Heels.

When she first released any music rapping, hip hop radio djs were calling her for interviews and telling her to keep rapping. It was only her fans on these boards that hated it really.

This has been the best era since FM.

RAY7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 29, 2020, 03:45:45 PM
Quote from: 'ology on October 29, 2020, 03:13:15 PM
*sigh*
Flow like row in a bow, like grass I mow
:uhh:
:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:
I mean Lil Wayne does that a lot too and hes considered one of the greatest
so I cut her some slack on that

Sovereign.

This was stellar. They all slid. And I try my best to honor people's opinions because at the end of day thats rooted in your interpretation but I also want to encourage folk to be a bit more understanding. You don't have to pretend to love something but I also honor that this is Brandy's first run as an Indie artist and from my perspective, she's doing well. Have there been hiccups? Sure? Could Brandy benefit from having a visual/creative director in her corner to make use of developing stronger content to help support the new album? Absolutely. Did it take some time for "B7" to grow on a lot of folk including BG myself? Sure, but I see that she's trying and "B7" was yet again her taking risk and telling HER story and that I can appreciate. My only prayer is that she continues to evolve as an Indie artist because there is still much opportunity there.

I just strongly encourage fans and appreciators to be encouraging and less disparaging. This era feels the most authentic to Ghan and to see her receive her flowers from her colleagues and peers in this was is the most satisfying. (It's been happening  for the last decade but 2020 has amplified her genius in music/entertainment).  She's winning in every aspect whether she's meeting our expectations or not. This is a proud moment from her and the ladies.

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 29, 2020, 01:58:20 PM
Ok we can agree to disagree. Would hate to lash u like we all do that bigmac nobody :hmph:
But yea, this was a great moment

A nobody who stays on your mind, apparently  :feelinmyself:

But yeah anyway, she slayed this

Vonc2002

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 29, 2020, 04:12:07 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 29, 2020, 01:58:20 PM
Ok we can agree to disagree. Would hate to lash u like we all do that bigmac nobody :hmph:
But yea, this was a great moment

A nobody
Period! :dead:
It's not hard to remember the people we lay into on here.  U and the fat, ugly fag that aint been back since being banned  :omf:

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Sovereign. on October 29, 2020, 04:09:50 PM
This was stellar. They all slid. And I try my best to honor people's opinions because at the end of day thats rooted in your interpretation but I also want to encourage folk to be a bit more understanding. You don't have to pretend to love something but I also honor that this is Brandy's first run as an Indie artist and from my perspective, she's doing well. Have there been hiccups? Sure? Could Brandy benefit from having a visual/creative director in her corner to make use of developing stronger content to help support the new album? Absolutely. Did it take some time for "B7" to grow on a lot of folk including BG myself? Sure, but I see that she's trying and "B7" was yet again her taking risk and telling HER story and that I can appreciate. My only prayer is that she continues to evolve as an Indie artist because there is still much opportunity there.

I just strongly encourage fans and appreciators to be encouraging and less disparaging. This era feels the most authentic to Ghan and to see her receive her flowers from her colleagues and peers in this was is the most satisfying. (It's been happening  BG for the last decade but 2020 has amplified her genius in music/entertainment).  She's winning in every aspect whether she's meeting our expectations or not. This is a proud moment from her and the ladies.

Bro, I left the board for month because i didn't wanna rain on anyone's parade, i said ONE THING and y'all got in your feelings  :plzstop:

Like i said, i'm not trying to argue about it, cause I know how i feel and why i feel that way. if y'all are happy with what she's serving that's all that should matter.