mona was annoying and pathetic as shit

Started by ophababes., November 12, 2020, 12:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ophababes.

like GIRL

she stay playing the damn victim over nothing

i see why ya daddy decided to keave you and ya annoying ass mama for a better family mess

ugh

MelMel

her parents fucked her up

and her father was definitely trash, the way he treated both daughters. Of course, it would leave her filled with trauma and shame. She's better than me because I wouldn't try to form a relationship with him or her sister/

ophababes.

n

she stayed blaming lil dee dee for shit that wasn't her fault and bringing up shit that had already been dealt with. im glad lil dee read her ass done at that stable

:hmph:

ophababes.

Aalonso.

Are y'all talking about the animated movie?

ophababes.

bby ddy

Self sabotage kwee.

Wedge heels and big stomper boots aside, I think a lot of people could relate to her character. Insecurities and childhood traumas galore.

I hate how the show ended, btw. Why does it seem like most of the 90s-2000's black sitcoms ended abruptly? 

rosone1

Quote from: sandra_harris on November 12, 2020, 04:30:26 PM
phyllis was more trash than her dad, tbh
That's not a fair comparison since we didn't a chance to really know his character.All we know about him is that he's rich and who his family members are.

bby ddy

Phyllis really did a number on that girl. The fact that she was pressuring Mona to give her grandkids at 25 years old ssssssss.

Watching these old shows made me realize where a lot of our realistic expectations come from.

ophababes.

Quote from: rosone1 on November 13, 2020, 10:51:01 AM
Quote from: sandra_harris on November 12, 2020, 04:30:26 PM
phyllis was more trash than her dad, tbh
That's not a fair comparison since we didn't a chance to really know his character.All we know about him is that he's rich and who his family members are.

n

we got to know enough for the context of this conversation

phyllis lied about mona's father to her for years and was also the catalyst for her growing up without him. he's just trash for not making the effort but phyllis' mess >>>>

ophababes.

Quote from: bby ddy on November 13, 2020, 12:04:50 PM
Phyllis really did a number on that girl. The fact that she was pressuring Mona to give her grandkids at 25 years old ssssssss.

Watching these old shows made me realize where a lot of our realistic expectations come from.

opposite

art imitates life. shows like these were so cherished because thrmey told real stories that were meant to be relatable rather than an example to follow.

bby ddy

Quote from: sandra_harris on November 13, 2020, 12:48:41 PM
Quote from: bby ddy on November 13, 2020, 12:04:50 PM

opposite

art imitates life. shows like these were so cherished because thrmey told real stories that were meant to be relatable rather than an example to follow.

I meant *unrealistic

And that's true but you gotta admit tv is very impressionable. Especially to kids... and I was certainly a kid in 2005 when half and half came out.