Tatyana Ali Talks Colorism & Scrutiny In TV & Film

Started by Freemala Harris, December 17, 2020, 01:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

formation

December 17, 2020, 01:55:54 AM #1 Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 02:01:17 AM by king of hearts
She's always so honest in these conversations

goddess is fiercely pro Black .... all up and down her Insta . but will acknowledge that people sometimes separate her from other brown Blacks cuz of her "features" , as she mentioned here

People will def break others down into features and use it to build a case of why that person is different.

I'm glad she doesn't try some "omf woe is me! Hard knock life as a dark skinned gal!" mess cuz although I'm sure she faces forms of colorism, her experience cannot be anywhere near the same as someone like Janet.... who is dark skin AND is unambiguously Black AND has the nerve not to be bubbly and happy all the time like Tatyana is.

Grandma, grandpa, and their grandmas ❤️

formation

I can't believe they included tatyana in that "light girls" documentary though.  I just checked to see what she was referring to and that was it . 

seriously?

like wtf? GODyana is brown as they come :uhh: nothing light skin about my goddess. At all. I'm low key offended 

this is the shit I'm talking about. Would they have thrown her into that mix if she didn't have "good hair"?
Not them mentioning her "Eurocentric" features as the determining factor. there is nothing "euro" about tatyanas mug dnndndndndndndnnxnndnd :omf: is it Vanessa Williams?

And why the hell did GODyana entertain and participate? I wanna lash her but I kinda get it. She always talks about how although she was dark, she was treatEd differently and separated from other dark girls in a sense

i don't think she can fully claim a "dark skin gorl struggle" but still .... really? :disgusted:

Freemala Harris

I'm gagged @ how sis still looks the same all these years

formation

CHOKE

Did they ever explain in the show why sis was replaced? Did she have the same name or was she a new wife? 

formation

Quote from: Brandy's Unconditional Ocean on December 17, 2020, 05:59:54 PM
She looks the same omg
:stressed:

She's truly beautiful inside and out.

GODlli could learn a thing or two from goddess
Such a sweetheart  :'(