Did Jazmine Sullivan give the era you wanted for you Fave?

Started by Bentley. HARRIS!, January 14, 2021, 11:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on January 15, 2021, 02:12:53 PM
I didn't even care for her Tiny Desk. Now Chloe X Halle's>>>>
it was cool
for nya nya nya round the house

Harlem

Jazmine did what any other R&B artist w/o a budget should do... she found the right team to put out quality w/ what she was able to work w/. Sis ain't have no music videos and delivered.

Someone like Brandy got the budget (personally) if she wanted to invest more but hires professionals who always miss the mark in the quality department therefore it leaves us complaining and wanting more from her. I'm still proud of everything she's done & accomplished during this b7 era. A couple of things could've been executed better but she's out here making it happen

I still want a video/single treatment for Rather Be + a TinyDesk in her rich ass mansion
:stressed:

RAY7

Quote from: Harlem on January 15, 2021, 03:21:20 PM
Jazmine did what any other R&B artist w/o a budget should do... she found the right team to put out quality w/ what she was able to work w/. Sis ain't have no music videos and delivered.

Someone like Brandy got the budget (personally) if she wanted to invest more but hires professionals who always miss the mark in the quality department therefore it leaves us complaining and wanting more from her. I'm still proud of everything she's done & accomplished during this b7 era. A couple of things could've been executed better but she's out here making it happen

I still want a video/single treatment for Rather Be + a TinyDesk in her rich ass mansion
:stressed:
Jazmine is still signed to RCA I believe
she has budget...well a little but this is just an EP/concept album
so Im sure they dont wanna do TOO much and what she has given is a lot tbh

REALucid

Used to write our names in car fog

whatever

Lmao what did Jaz do?

her jimmy fallon set was horrible for someone of her caliber. I would be mad as fuck if Brandy did that. it looked so cheap.

whatever

The best quarantine performances go to Chloe x Halle their sets are always good.

whatever

This is how you do late night..Jazmine can be sickening if she can get a vision team together. The best thing she did was the lost one and pick up performances on her YouTube and the plant thing has been done by every singer....

Y'all better stop acting like she is killing visuals nnnn love her but STOP.

I'll give her singing live but dassit

Harlem

I just got into Snoh Allegra recently and her visuals are IT!!!

I agree these girls should def take note from her

RAY7

ya'll really care about the visuals around them like that?
are they singers or interior decorators? :dead:

Harlem

Quote from: RAY7 on January 15, 2021, 04:04:10 PM
ya'll really care about the visuals around them like that?
are they singers or interior decorators? :dead:

LMAOOOOOO not Interior Designers... nah this got me weak  :plzstop:

iheart4everbrandy

Jazmine has slated the promo train for this EP. Diring the rollout she was on the Breakfast Club, Joe Bidden's podcast, she was active on social media, posting videos right after singles have been released, had anAwards Show performance and Kimmel. And this music is 🔥 🔥 

vocals 🔥 
performances 🔥 
production 🔥
visuals 🔥 
concept 🔥 

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on January 15, 2021, 04:49:58 PM
Brandy isn't going to do Tiny Desk because it would require her to sing 100% live.
s
It's such a touchy subject around here too
Everytime we ask to hear her live, Starz get hype and ready to fight  :plzstop:

Like ... why would she even need to lip Rather Be and Say Something, it's just not ok tbh 🥴

And it's not because of vocal crispness. If Jazzy and her background singers can do all those runs in PUYF LIVE then Brandy should be able to sing her mess live  :kii:

JCJ 🪐

From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Bentley. HARRIS!

I was thinking of Tweet mainly cause she has an era upcoming

I didn't even think about B7 cause it's on the tail end of the :dead.

But yea, I guess you guys are right, she didn't sing live the whole era and it didn't give the same feel. Good observation.