Florida is a mess

Started by GLOCK, April 18, 2020, 03:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDawg

Quote from: BRockaBaby on April 18, 2020, 02:56:50 PM
Quote from: BigDawg on April 18, 2020, 02:04:18 PM
The issue that I take with it, is that these people on the beach can get infected with the virus and be a-symptomatic, then go to an essential location like a grocery store and infect someone who would die from Corona. Now is not a time to letup off of the lockdown just so someone can take a stroll down the beach.

This is why you wear face masks. If THIS is indeed the case, then there needs to be a full blown SHUT DOWN across the board including essentials.

You can't say on one hand, go strol through target and get your toilet tissue but then on another hand say, but you can't go stroll down the street for a walk or go to a beach where the air is actually probably more OPEN than a central air system where everything is circulated.

That same person going to target can infect people just as much when they're touching things and putting them back. Touching produce and picking grapes.

When you go to the beach, at least you can truly give someone a good 6-12 feet and not worry about touching anything.

Like I'm not disagreeing with y'all but some of you act like people are walking around to deliberately spread the mess.

"Who's to say they won't drive up and infect people?"

Ok yes let me pack me, my beach gear and my lungs and drive 8 hrs to go infect people. TF?

Again the beaches are SUPPOSED to be access for exercise only. People aren't supposed to be pitching tents and laying out with the weekend blasting from their speakers.
It's to early to start opening shit up. That's my take on things.

BAPHOMET.

Demm_

Quote from: BigDawg on April 18, 2020, 02:04:18 PM
The issue that I take with it, is that these people on the beach can get infected with the virus and be a-symptomatic, then go to an essential location like a grocery store and infect someone who would die from Corona. Now is not a time to letup off of the lockdown just so someone can take a stroll down the beach.
!!!!!!
Exactly. It's selfish.

CREAM.

I'm sorry but we're in the middle of a pandemic mess and imma perch at the beach?

n

Ppl are at the grocery store or Walmart most likely to purchase essentials for their home. It is..umm..kinda different.

n

CREAM.

Like the beach of all places 

YUCK.

BRockaBaby

Quote from: GLOCK on April 18, 2020, 03:07:32 PM
Quote from: ton on April 18, 2020, 02:47:23 PM
Why are y'all acting like the beach is any different from Walmart or a grocery store

Places we can all still go

At least they're not touching shit or standing in lines
well one is for sustainability and the other is.. for leisure and fun?

Oh so this is a jealousy thing? Got it. Lol

Furthermore, there is more to the Winter Party Festival than what you are speaking of and I know because I work it and was there.

By the time these restrictions about COVID-19 took place, WPF was already 3 days in. Tens of thousands of people had already flown into Miami for the mess. So the mayor already knew that cancelling the festival was not an option because if those tens of thousands of people didn't have the festivals events to go to, they would just flood everything else in Miami. So there was no way to necessarily AVOID it not to mention talks of social distancing were not necessarily a heavy discussion at that time.

The beach party was supposed to start at 2 and we didn't let people in until 3:15 because we literally up to the minute were speaking with local authorities about the right thing to do.

BigDawg

April 18, 2020, 03:14:56 PM #66 Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 03:16:02 PM by BigDawg
Places like grocery stores, pharmacies, etc are essential to living.You have to eat, you have to get medication, you have to get sanitary products. A beach trip is not essential to me.

BRockaBaby

Quote from: BigDawg on April 18, 2020, 03:14:56 PM
Places like grocery stores, pharmacies, etc are essential to leaving. You have to eat, you have to get medication, you have to get sanitary products. A beach trip is not essential to me.

We are talking about spreading  a virus. Essential or not...spreading is spreading.

Cowgirl

Places like grocery stores, pharmacies, etc are essential to leaving. You have to eat, you have to get medication, you have to get sanitary products. A beach trip is not essential to me.
A beach is non-essential to anyone. Why is this a conversion? Why is this not clicking?

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: CREAM. on April 18, 2020, 03:12:34 PM
I'm sorry but we're in the middle of a pandemic mess and imma perch at the beach?

n

Ppl are at the grocery store or Walmart most likely to purchase essentials for their home. It is..umm..kinda different.

n
!!!!!!!!!

fun in the sun!

gorl get the fuck back in quarantine

:uhh:

CREAM.

I've generally found the beach kinda gross anyway 

and with a virus going around..I'm definitely not gonna perch 

people are strange 

GLOCK

Quote from: 🌮. on April 18, 2020, 03:09:23 PM
Quote from: GLOCK on April 18, 2020, 03:07:32 PM
Quote from: ton on April 18, 2020, 02:47:23 PM
Why are y'all acting like the beach is any different from Walmart or a grocery store

Places we can all still go

At least they're not touching shit or standing in lines
well one is for sustainability and the other is.. for leisure and fun?
:disgusted:
:disgusted:

Cowgirl

Quote from: BRockaBaby on April 18, 2020, 03:16:12 PM

We are talking about spreading  a virus. Essential or not...spreading is spreading.
Preventing people from being able to buy food or medicine is literally murder :-/ .