Baby Mama Video almost at 1 million views

Started by Heated🔥, May 10, 2020, 09:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: BRockaBaby on May 11, 2020, 01:32:47 PM
Can't compare Brandy to any of these artists who have consistently been dropping music and topping charts. Considering all things, this isn't bad. I actually didn't think she'd hit 1M in a week.

Me either.  I'm really surprised.  I mostly see ppl upset on brandys Facebook complaining that it's not on billboard yet  :dead:

BRockaBaby

I know it's a reach and a bit dramatic, but I'm almost looking at this new era as if Brandy is somewhat of a "new" artist. I'm treating her as someone who's known but still working on her presence in the current industry. I've taken away this mentality that Brandy is "that bitch!" even though I believe she is and am looking at it like a true indie, "new" artist. 

Looking at it like that, my expectations have changed and I'm not disappointed and actually see things in a bit more of a realistic perspective. She's not going to move like Beyonce or  Ariana and hell in some cases, she may not move like Kelly because Kelly has been more consistent with releasing music. I'm almost viewing this era as I would view a Erykah Badu release. And with that, I'm happy with how things are going. 

I know she's Queen to me but she's going to take some time to reach that level again and I accept that. 

AfroJisiac

ohhhh wow wtf last time i checked 2 days ago it was  at almost 400k   

wow that's amazing 

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: BRockaBaby on May 11, 2020, 01:42:58 PM
I know it's a reach and a bit dramatic, but I'm almost looking at this new era as if Brandy is somewhat of a "new" artist. I'm treating her as someone who's known but still working on her presence in the current industry. I've taken away this mentality that Brandy is "that bitch!" even though I believe she is and am looking at it like a true indie, "new" artist.

Looking at it like that, my expectations have changed and I'm not disappointed and actually see things in a bit more of a realistic perspective. She's not going to move like Beyonce or  Ariana and hell in some cases, she may not move like Kelly because Kelly has been more consistent with releasing music. I'm almost viewing this era as I would view a Erykah Badu release. And with that, I'm happy with how things are going.

I know she's Queen to me but she's going to take some time to reach that level again and I accept that.

And if we wanna compare

Kelly's coffee video  currently has 3.6 mil views and it was released about 3 weeks ago so she is kind of on par with her peers imo

Navyman

Not as consistent as Kelly?!?! Do yall be reread what you type before hitting that enter key?  :uhh:

Le Champ

Yea she has to work, and I think she knows that. I'm not sure what kind of numbers she'll do, but we know the girl can still produce R&B hits. I mean, she's coming off a #1 song on Adult Radio and a Grammy nom. I'm actually more excited to see the critical acclaim if this project is what they're claiming it to be.

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Navyman on May 11, 2020, 01:49:05 PM

Not as consistent as Kelly?!?! Do yall be reread what you type before hitting that enter key?  :uhh:

Brandy, IMO, has not released MUSIC as consistently as Kelly. Furthermore, her presence has not been as consistent as Kelly. This is my opinion.
Not that it's all about followers, but just speaking from a social media presence, Kelly has over double the number of followers as Brandy. She may not have a HARDCORE fan base and the QUALITY of her music cannot touch Brandy's music but she's been more visible IMO.

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Lee on May 11, 2020, 01:50:46 PM

Yea she has to work, and I think she knows that. I'm not sure what kind of numbers she'll do, but we know the girl can still produce R&B hits. I mean, she's coming off a #1 song on Adult Radio and a Grammy nom. I'm actually more excited to see the critical acclaim if this project is what they're claiming it to be.

Agreed. That grammy nom was also unexpected so I was so elated just to hear she got nominated. Goes to show, her quality trumps everything. She's a gem for sure!

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Troye on May 11, 2020, 01:47:53 PM

And if we wanna compare

Kelly's coffee video  currently has 3.6 mil views and it was released about 3 weeks ago so she is kind of on par with her peers imo

!!

If she can keep momentum and maybe even gain some, she'll be ok.

BRockaBaby

Quote from: GiftedTGK on May 11, 2020, 01:56:31 PM
Didn't coffee reach a million in 2 days...
I thought Brandy would do the same...

I'm not sure. Kelly also has the support of..well.. Beyonce. I'm sure if Bey posted BM on her IG, people would run to YT and that would help too.

Also, again, Kelly has more followers on IG. These things matter. The more people who follow you, the more exposure. And when you have someone like Beyonce supporting you, then yea....

Cowgirl

Quote from: GiftedTGK on May 11, 2020, 01:56:31 PM
Didn't coffee reach a million in 2 days...
I thought Brandy would do the same...
Not only is Kelly a more recent artist, she's been more active music-wise than Brandy has.

Navyman

Quote from: BRockaBaby on May 11, 2020, 01:54:22 PM

Brandy, IMO, has not released MUSIC as consistently as Kelly. Furthermore, her presence has not been as consistent as Kelly. This is my opinion.
Not that it's all about followers, but just speaking from a social media presence, Kelly has over double the number of followers as Brandy. She may not have a HARDCORE fan base and the QUALITY of her music cannot touch Brandy's music but she's been more visible IMO.
Visible yes. Releasing music more consistently than Brandy no. Kelly's last album was six months after Brandy's last album in 2013.

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Navyman on May 11, 2020, 01:59:37 PM
Quote from: BRockaBaby on May 11, 2020, 01:54:22 PM

Visible yes. Releasing music more consistently than Brandy no. Kelly's last album was six months after Brandy's last album in 2013.

Okay well if we want to talk about release dates then they are on par. But Kelly's visibility is well beyond Bran's unfortunately.

Heated🔥

Quote from: GiftedTGK on May 11, 2020, 01:29:03 PM
This isn't good for a video that's been out for a week...
compared to bran's recent videos it is.

Harlem

If Brandy's label cared for views they would purchase to give her that competitive appeal like all other major artists... I'm just assuming they want her to have more of a organic approach first or dedicating their dollars maybe other promo