What determines if you like a song or not?

Started by Kurama, May 25, 2016, 04:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAY

Quote from: 1Tarig on May 25, 2016, 04:44:51 PM
Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on May 25, 2016, 04:43:49 PM
Like, there are songs that really put me in a mood.

I don't even have a man, but certain songs have me feeling like I'm in love, heartbroken, or pissed off over a man that doesn't even exist.

Or I'm just dramatic as hell :plzstop:
ccvvvvvcvccccv >>><<<

be in my car FUMING

!!!!!

Sitting there playing out the mess in your head like it's a damn music video! :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

charlie.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 25, 2016, 04:34:31 PM
Quote from: FINE. on May 25, 2016, 04:31:47 PM
The voice can't be too bad no shade.

For example:

BANKS

Cute production but I can't take her warbled vocal for a whole song
I really liked her music from what I heard. Funny enough I just went looking for her album the other day. I never got "warbled voice" but I have not fully got into all her work tho

I keep seeing her name. I thought it was a band.'

:plzstop:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Kurama on May 25, 2016, 04:43:44 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on May 25, 2016, 04:40:14 PM
It depends on the genre.

If it's something outside of R&B/pop, I can ignore something like shrill vocals or sparse production.

!!!

Yeah I definitely see having requirements depending on what genre.
I can agree with this. the vocal is a constant for me, I have to  like it regardless of genre.
From Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People (love this damn song) to something completely R&B I need to be captivated by the fckn vocal
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

BranLover

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on May 25, 2016, 04:46:49 PM
Quote from: 1Tarig on May 25, 2016, 04:44:51 PM
Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on May 25, 2016, 04:43:49 PM
Like, there are songs that really put me in a mood.

I don't even have a man, but certain songs have me feeling like I'm in love, heartbroken, or pissed off over a man that doesn't even exist.

Or I'm just dramatic as hell :plzstop:
ccvvvvvcvccccv >>><<<

be in my car FUMING

!!!!!

Sitting there playing out the mess in your head like it's a damn music video! :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

ddfffffddddddd

yummy

vvf

does anybod' like to listen to the chipmunk version after they get tired of a song?

They kinda slay  :udontlookok:

Kurama

FINE.

I love this song and I can't even really explain why :dead:
It just resonates and makes me feel some kind of way

I generally love alternative/indie pop/electronic music

I like to zone out

Kurama

Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 25, 2016, 04:47:13 PM
It depends on the genre.

If it's something outside of R&B/pop, I can ignore something like shrill vocals or sparse production.

!!!

I can agree with this. the vocal is a constant for me, I have to  like it regardless of genre.
From Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People (love this damn song) to something completely R&B I need to be captivated by the fckn vocal
b

Boi u surprise me sometimes. Love Beaut' Pep'  :ohwow:

Vonc2002

So for u mood people can u listen to just instrumentation or production on albums?  If i dont get a vocal within the first 30 secs, im pushing tf STOP
Everytime Toni tries to slip one of those instrumental tracks on an album, im like
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Opposites Attract.

Honestly, the melody/beat. I hear the production first before I hear the song.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

FINE.

Does anyone change the pitch of a song? :ohwow:
Totally different feeling

yummy

Quote from: Kurama on May 25, 2016, 04:49:44 PM
May see if you use this.

One of my FAVES

Breesha, I love Cibo Matto

what the heck  :uhh:

Kurama

Idk guys. Sometimes I like MY version of the lyrics. Im scared usually to look song lyrics up because then the song may be about something Im not really here for :dead:

I like ambiguous lyrics that are metaphorical or imaginative. It allows for me to interpret my own meaning behind lyrics and thusly making it more personal I guess....im weird lolz

Vonc2002

Quote from: Kurama on May 25, 2016, 04:50:56 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 25, 2016, 04:47:13 PM
It depends on the genre.

!!!

b

Boi u surprise me sometimes. Love Beaut' Pep'  :ohwow:
It's afuckingmazing
:stressed:

yummy

These are pretty much my go to songs when I'm pissed about something or just in a mood in general