The Encore: the girls SLAY final performance, pussy pirate pam leaves group

Started by ophababes., June 04, 2021, 07:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrandonBranlee

Ya'll really think this mess is going to get a second season? With who? The King twins featuring whoever needs a check  badly? If it does somehow get another season, it's just going to be far lesser known girls than these 9, and it will be way more forced. There's a low budget, organic quality to this which is adding to it's appeal for me, but the other aspect is that I kind of do know these girls and their hit songs. I doubt the next batch will be as recognizable. The twins and Nivea are the only ones I see getting any kind of boost from this show, which to anyone looking at being a potential future castmate, isn't encouraging.

The show has gotten less interesting by the week, I think partially because Carlos King/ BET clearly didn't pay these women enough to give a fuck, so half the cast is leaving before it's even finished lol. That said, I am interested to how the final songs turn out, but mostly just birds eye view. I also can't wait to see the finale and the forced kumbaya they make these women have.

IDK I'm real conflicted. Too conflicted for a show that airs 10pm on BET on Wednesdays. For the most part all the show is doing is showing me that these twins exist and they are talented. And that Nivea has a funny personality. I don't see how even that or anything as interesting will happen in season 2 but who knows, I'd love to be wrong as an R&B fan. I also don't need to see the legacy of every girl group from the 90s fucked with over some cheap mess. IDK I'm drunk.

ophababes.

so YOU may not be feeling it, but literally everyone else is so

yea were expecting a 2nd season

Vonc2002

Quote from: ophmani on July 27, 2021, 02:07:23 AM
so YOU may not be feeling it, but literally everyone else is so

yea were expecting a 2nd season
!!!!! :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

ssw4919

Yeah, I don't see why they would cancel it.  It was a surprise hit.

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: BrandonBranlee on July 27, 2021, 01:54:36 AM
Ya'll really think this mess is going to get a second season? With who? The King twins featuring whoever needs a check  badly? If it does somehow get another season, it's just going to be far lesser known girls than these 9, and it will be way more forced. There's a low budget, organic quality to this which is adding to it's appeal for me, but the other aspect is that I kind of do know these girls and their hit songs. I doubt the next batch will be as recognizable. The twins and Nivea are the only ones I see getting any kind of boost from this show, which to anyone looking at being a potential future castmate, isn't encouraging.

The show has gotten less interesting by the week, I think partially because Carlos King/ BET clearly didn't pay these women enough to give a fuck, so half the cast is leaving before it's even finished lol. That said, I am interested to how the final songs turn out, but mostly just birds eye view. I also can't wait to see the finale and the forced kumbaya they make these women have.

IDK I'm real conflicted. Too conflicted for a show that airs 10pm on BET on Wednesdays. For the most part all the show is doing is showing me that these twins exist and they are talented. And that Nivea has a funny personality. I don't see how even that or anything as interesting will happen in season 2 but who knows, I'd love to be wrong as an R&B fan. I also don't need to see the legacy of every girl group from the 90s fucked with over some cheap mess. IDK I'm drunk.

n
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

b7

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉

Nine

Do Irish and Misha end up leaving too? I know the other preview kind of alluded to it, but you know how they splice and edit mess.