Eve VS Trina: Verzuz Battle (June 16th)

Started by M-Rocka, June 09, 2021, 09:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Young

Trina ain't a phenomenal rap lyricist but she was a trailblazer and truly an icon

I'm not gonna say it again in here

PERIOD

Scott.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Young on June 16, 2021, 04:37:19 PM
Trina ain't a phenomenal rap lyricist but
but nothing babe.  U hit the nail on the damn head.
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Aalonso.

June 16, 2021, 04:39:44 PM #319 Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 04:40:11 PM by L0NZ.
Quote from: FRANCE on June 16, 2021, 11:42:52 AM
I'm still tryna figure what these Trina "hits" are. I've never listened to a Trina or Eve album in full. So its easy for me to just base them on what Verzuz is looking for, which is the hits. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by Trina tonight. But if we really talking about HITS HITS, Eve got it easily. And that's putting talent and diversity aside. Cause Eve prob wont even play her pop songs like Rich Girl w/ Gwen Stefani (too pop for Verzuz?) - a song that is RIAA certified and was a Billboard Top 10, grammy nominated hit. Eve kinda has a few more of those than Trina.

It's not about the hits. It's really about the feel and how hype the songs can get the crowd going. It's like a cypher. B R Right wasn't a hit but initially when you hear those Indian strings everyone is like biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch, put your fist over your mouth "ackkkkk" type reaction. It wasn't a hit but the culture loves it. Nobody will ask "well how many weeks was this in the top 40??"

Vonc2002

Im not gon lie. B R RIGHT is my shit 

Young

Quote from: L0NZ. on June 16, 2021, 04:39:44 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on June 16, 2021, 11:42:52 AM
I'm still tryna figure what these Trina "hits" are. I've never listened to a Trina or Eve album in full. So its easy for me to just base them on what Verzuz is looking for, which is the hits. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by Trina tonight. But if we really talking about HITS HITS, Eve got it easily. And that's putting talent and diversity aside. Cause Eve prob wont even play her pop songs like Rich Girl w/ Gwen Stefani (too pop for Verzuz?) - a song that is RIAA certified and was a Billboard Top 10, grammy nominated hit. Eve kinda has a few more of those than Trina.

You get it.
Yawl see it.

Trina gonna set it AWF
It's not about the hits. It's really about the feel and how hype the songs can get the crowd going. It's like a cypher. B R Right wasn't a hit but initially when you hear those Indian strings everyone is like biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch, put your fist over your mouth "ackkkkk" type reaction. It wasn't a hit but the culture loves it. Nobody will ask "well how many weeks was this in the top 40??"

Young

united nations

Grandma, grandpa, and their grandmas ❤️

Young

FRANCE

The amount of female rappers are so low that almost everyone of them from the 90s and 200s that are moderately successful are now this ICON and LEGEND. Just because u had a few hits at best doesnt make u a legend. Trina is a staple in the female rap industry and that's about it. And when we start to talk about lyricism, she's not even a part of the discussion. 

Aalonso.

June 16, 2021, 04:43:52 PM #327 Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 04:44:18 PM by L0NZ.
I'm reading the rest of France's post and :dead:

Bby, none of that matters. Not RIAA and Billboard Top 10  :plzstop:  It's a party, not a Grammy committee meeting. It's all about energy, which is why I said earlier that although Eve has more "hits," Trina has more KNOCKS that get the people goingZ

FRANCE

Scott.

Eve wins.

that scorecard will say so