Guys, I LOVE whitney but this is why celine will always just be.........UGH!

Started by Vonc2002, August 17, 2021, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

A voice cant be thin and resonate at the same time.  That's literally an oxymoron
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Cowgirl

Vonc2002

Quote from: RAY7 on August 17, 2021, 01:48:33 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 01:44:28 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on August 17, 2021, 01:37:38 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 01:34:09 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on August 17, 2021, 01:31:58 PM
She SANG here. However 80s Whitney could definitely do this no sweat. I have heard other Celine clips with even more outrageous things being done
I think whitney definitely has the skill to do everything celine can but whitney ain't ever had this much power. That's what separates them imo....... and why I love celine tbh. I love that power rock vocal thing she gives
Its actually the opposite  :dead: Celine can do some THINGS vocally that I never heard Whit try and I dont think she could pull it off as far as the scatting and imitating instruments
However Whitney's power and resonance>>>>>
Celine has power but shes so nasal with it, I dont get the FORCE from the robust sound that Whitney has from her
Nah whitney ain't giving the power celine gives. Whitney's voice is......PRETTIER. she doesnt do the rougher, gritty, rocky type things celine does vocally
loud and thin
U know who this is a PERFECT description of tho

Ashanti think she be SINGING but those thin, nothing ass vocals be having me screaming.  I really can't believe u like her  :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Ma Lo

RAY7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 02:01:45 PM
A voice cant be thin and resonate at the same time.  That's literally an oxymoron

:dead: resonance is more about how you sing more than the voice itself
Celine's voice isnt thin like a Jhene buts its thinner than Whitney's
and both are thinner than Kelly & J Hud
but out of the 3 women that the topic is about Whitney's is the most full and powerful

Nine

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 02:13:14 PM

Ashanti think she be SINGING but those thin, nothing ass vocals be having me screaming.  I really can't believe u like her  :dead:
djs;dfnjfnsdajfsnfskld;fd

I'm screaming at the announcer saying "owner of Written Entertainment"

get that promo Shans

Vonc2002

Quote from: RAY7 on August 17, 2021, 02:16:20 PM

but out of the 3 women that the topic is about Whitney's is the most full and powerful
Resonance is about the quality of the vocal tone.  There's no such thing as a THIN, resonant vocal.  Whitney couldn't sing celine dion songs with the power and intensity celine does but ok. We'll just agree to disagree

RAY7

She SANG here. However 80s Whitney could definitely do this no sweat. I have heard other Celine clips with even more outrageous things being done
I think whitney definitely has the skill to do everything celine can but whitney ain't ever had this much power. That's what separates them imo....... and why I love celine tbh. I love that power rock vocal thing she gives
Its actually the opposite  :dead: Celine can do some THINGS vocally that I never heard Whit try and I dont think she could pull it off as far as the scatting and imitating instruments
Celine has power but shes so nasal with it, I dont get the FORCE from the robust sound that Whitney has from her
Nah whitney ain't giving the power celine gives. Whitney's voice is......PRETTIER. she doesnt do the rougher, gritty, rocky type things celine does vocally
loud and thin

I grew up with a crush on Ashanti, I like everything she does. Shes not a great vocalist, but she can sing

Vonc2002

Quote from: Nine Fushiguro. on August 17, 2021, 02:17:00 PM

get that promo Shans
sddddddfffggffffggggg
It's the way she keep BURSTING out notes for me
PROUDLY we hailed
This girl is legit terrible   :omf:

Vonc2002

Quote from: RAY7 on August 17, 2021, 02:21:36 PM
loud and thin

I grew up with a crush on Ashanti
Oh ok, just say that then cause  :dead:

RAY7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 02:21:02 PM

Resonance is about the quality of the vocal tone.  There's no such thing as a THIN, resonant vocal.  Whitney couldn't sing celine dion songs with the power and intensity celine does but ok. We'll just agree to disagree
you can make your thin voice resonate and sound bigger than usual which is what Celine does

RAY7

Quote from: Nine Fushiguro. on August 17, 2021, 02:17:00 PM

get that promo Shans
this independent entrepreneur
I think shes about to sign Inoj :ohwow:

Vonc2002

Quote from: RAY7 on August 17, 2021, 02:25:23 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 02:21:02 PM

you can make your thin voice resonate and sound bigger than usual which is what Celine does
Ok

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 01:57:37 PM
rough doesnt mean more powerful. Whitney's voice has the power and resonance, Celine is loud and thin
I didn't say it did but she gives a big vocal better than whitney. Celine dion has a thin voice?  :plzstop:
Celine's voice isnt thin.  If that's the case, whitney has a thin voice.  Neither of them has the FULLNESS of a kelly price or Jennifer Hudson. And I wouldn't want them to. When ur voice is full and heavy,  usually there is less agility. Celine wouldn't be able to give these power rock ass vocals if she had a "thin" voice tho,  that literally makes no sense  :omf:
I think u need to find a better term because u said the same thing about someone else's voice on here and it ain't hardly thin. That's not an accurate term to classify celine's voice  :dead:

Um...I kinda agree with Ray, I would even go step further and say her voice can be kinda shrill. But that's  the beauty of it, its sharp and resonant. I think you're equating thin with weak Von  :dead: