Stacey fires back at BET

Started by Zankou., January 22, 2016, 01:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

throwintheTAL

Quote from: Herbie on January 22, 2016, 02:20:33 PM
i dont see how she "got them", since she was on the show.
she didn't turn down the part. :dead: if anything it's a self read.

BigDawg

Ok so lets take away BET and all black publications and media outlets...what other representation would black people have in the media?

FAMÈ

Quote from: BigDawg on January 22, 2016, 02:33:13 PM
Ok so lets take away BET and all black publications and media outlets...what other representation would black people have in the media?
well of course we need BET. They're all we have. But I wish that there was another one. BET is sooooooooo lame and always has been. They never do anything right.

Herb.

You guys have to take into consideration the fact that BET may not have the resources that other networks have. After all, it is a cable network. Not NBC, ABC, FOX. I think sometimes we unfairly compare it to bigger these broadcast networks with much bigger budgets and resources.

I don't think it's fair for us to come down hard on them, when we do not have another Black targeted network to compare it to. Who's to say that if another Black cable network popped up, it would be much better? It seems like it's in our nature to tear each other's efforts down, no matter the scale -- whether it be directly in front of us or on television.

BET is not a terrible network at all. There were some legendary shows that come from it. 106&Park was amazing....Rita was hilarious. :dead:  They definitely have their high points. We ALL love watching the BET Awards. It allows us time to come together and celebrate our culture, music, our people, and have fun.

If you looked at many cable networks there would be many things to nitpick at. A lot of them are way less organized than their major broadcast counterparts. Let's be fair and reasonable.

SUPREME

Why is the Spanish network never put on blast

Everyone just likes to come down on blacks :kii:

I'm fcking over it

yummy

Yeah because I'm sure Shonda Rhimes and Ryan Murphy aren't calling her agent looking for her.  :dead:

STUNNA GOD

!!!!!!!!!! And the biggest project she's been on since Clueless. :dead:

STUNNA GOD

I just dont understand all the BET hate from blacks. Who ELSE is supporting yall FLOP favs? :uhh:

yummy

Quote from: SUPREME on January 22, 2016, 02:51:51 PM
Why is the Spanish network never put on blast

Everyone just likes to come down on blacks :kii:

I'm fcking over it

You don't hear shit when it's Polish or Italian history month or Cinco de Mya but everyone has something to say when February rolls around.

Just admit you don't like niggers and keep it moving  :hmph:

Zankou.

s

well since they got rid of 106... certainly not BET

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: Saturn. on January 22, 2016, 03:11:33 PM
s

well since they got rid of 106... certainly not BET
Ummm what about the BET Awards, Soul Trains, ect. I mean what other stages are Mo booking?  :uhh:

Zankou.

s

she aint on neither of those stages hun.. so yeah

Zankou.

but I agree with what you're saying

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: Saturn. on January 22, 2016, 03:15:22 PM
s

she aint on neither of those stages hun.. so yeah
d

Poor Mo'. They let ha on that Player Award mess though.