Tamar Feels BFV Should’ve Been As Big As Keeping Up With The Kardashians

Started by M-Rocka, August 04, 2023, 12:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Big Barbie on August 04, 2023, 01:07:04 PMI've never watched a full episode of BFV but the point is they had the talent/content to be bigger, no?

But they're not "bigger" because they had a smaller audience. That's not the networks fault, matter fact WeTV gave BFV and that Mary Mary show a big push.

I wish Tamar would just say what it really is, she and her sisters are waaay more talented and she wishes and wishes she could leverage her talent for coin the way Kim has leveraged Her pretty privilege and fame.

Summertime

I kind of get her and Nene's point. It's similar with black actresses are routinely paid lower than their white counterparts even someone like Viola who said she doesn't make as much as Meryl Streep.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on August 04, 2023, 01:11:37 PM
Quote from: Big Barbie on August 04, 2023, 01:07:04 PMI've never watched a full episode of BFV but the point is they had the talent/content to be bigger, no?

But they're not "bigger" because they had a smaller audience. That's not the networks fault, matter fact WeTV gave BFV and that Mary Mary show a big push.

I wish Tamar would just say what it really is, she and her sisters are waaay more talented and she wishes and wishes she could leverage her talent for coin the way Kim has leveraged Her pretty privilege and fame.
Not saying it's because of audience scope but yea. I hear what she's saying without fully saying it.

JCJ 🪐

And yet they weren't. What do your slow ass be talking about  :plzstop:
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Cowgirl

Quote from: JCJ on August 04, 2023, 01:14:47 PM
And yet they weren't. What do your slow ass be talking about  :plzstop:
FUCKING BLACK TALENT NOT GETTING THEIR DUES.

Damn. How was that unclear? :uhh:

JCJ 🪐

Dnndnfnfn like...
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Nine

!!!!!!!!!!

Lazarus

Honestly Tamar lucky Toni agreed to do this show at all because without her name attached there would be no Braxton Family Values. Toni only did this because of the guilt she felt for becoming a successful artist and leaving her sisters and family behind.

Cowgirl

Can someone please provide where I said the Braxtons have less money simply because they didn't have the same audience?

Nine

Quote from: Big BarbieThe Braxton's have less money simply because they didn't have the audience

Young

The one thing I didn't understand/agree with is didn't BFV come out after Kardashians?

I remember them being out in like 07 I thought

None the less BFV had several successful seasons—I wish they were being compensated appropriately.
For example the show is on streaming and I wonder if they're getting their fair share

Cowgirl

Quote from: Nine on August 04, 2023, 01:26:32 PM
Quote from: Big BarbieThe Braxton's have less money simply because they didn't have the audience

bnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

united nations

GODni is loaded  :ohwow:
Grandma, grandpa, and their grandmas ❤️

ophababes.

Quote from: Young on August 04, 2023, 02:07:35 PMThe one thing I didn't understand/agree with is didn't BFV come out after Kardashians?

I remember them being out in like 07 I thought

None the less BFV had several successful seasons—I wish they were being compensated appropriately.
For example the show is on streaming and I wonder if they're getting their fair share

was tamar vocal about being unhappy about what she was being paid before this? genuinely asking. cuz if not, it seems like she just feels this way compared to what the kardashians make. but she has tp realize, the kardashian brand simply brings more to the table than the braxtons as far as this money driven industry is concerned.

FRANCE

Yeah, she doesnt deserve to be as big or get more pay.

And lets just face something here. Black ppl still today make up a small percentage of the US population. A small one. When compared to white ppl. So generally speaking, white ppl are going to reach a bigger audience and get more pay. And the truth of the matter is, white ppl are more willing to go out and buy/support white talent than black ppl are. Thats just the truth. So a lot of the times we blame 'racism' but in many ways, we ourselves as black ppl hold each other back.