Tamar Feels BFV Should’ve Been As Big As Keeping Up With The Kardashians

Started by M-Rocka, August 04, 2023, 12:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

Quote from: FRANCE on August 04, 2023, 03:14:03 PMAnd lets just face something here. Black ppl still today make up a small percentage of the US population. A small one. When compared to white ppl. So generally speaking, white ppl are going to reach a bigger audience and get more pay. And the truth of the matter is, white ppl are more willing to go out and buy/support white talent than black ppl are. Thats just the truth. 

This is a great point too

Young

Quote from: ivorian oph on August 04, 2023, 02:32:40 PM
Quote from: Young on August 04, 2023, 02:07:35 PMThe one thing I didn't understand/agree with is didn't BFV come out after Kardashians?

I remember them being out in like 07 I thought

None the less BFV had several successful seasons—I wish they were being compensated appropriately.
For example the show is on streaming and I wonder if they're getting their fair share

was tamar vocal about being unhappy about what she was being paid before this? genuinely asking. cuz if not, it seems like she just feels this way compared to what the kardashians make. but she has tp realize, the kardashian brand simply brings more to the table than the braxtons as far as this money driven industry is concerned.

I think the entire family has mentioned something to the effect of the contracts on the show being a bit of a mess at some point or another

Rxxf

BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: Young on August 04, 2023, 03:23:10 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on August 04, 2023, 03:14:03 PMAnd lets just face something here. Black ppl still today make up a small percentage of the US population. A small one. When compared to white ppl. So generally speaking, white ppl are going to reach a bigger audience and get more pay. And the truth of the matter is, white ppl are more willing to go out and buy/support white talent than black ppl are. Thats just the truth. 

This is a great point too

I see that point too -- but
Some times black people do not have the resources (or disposable income) to support their artists/talent.
It can be a vicious cycle.
BRANDY

RAY7

I mean IDK why these girls are complaining about stuff when they know how the world works. The Kardashians slutted themselves out for fame and leeched off of other celebs. It's not even a fair competition. Unless Tamar does a sextape with this yt man she's with or Nene goes back to stripping
But even then no one wants to see 45-50 yrs olds like that

NEW MOON

The Braxton family didn't know how to come together to actually brand themselves and use the show to push a product.

It took them five seasons to do one album because they couldn't get past their family conflicts. And then it was just a Christmas album.

They are more talented but not business savvy

Demetri (Kelli) Eady🤴🏾

Quote from: FRANCE on August 04, 2023, 03:14:03 PMThats just the truth. So a lot of the times we blame 'racism' but in many ways, we ourselves as black ppl hold each other back.
!!!!!Thank you!!!!!
French Exit ♻️

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Demetri (Kelli) Eady🤴🏾

August 04, 2023, 05:15:42 PM #37 Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 05:15:55 PM by DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾
Quote from: Rxxf on August 04, 2023, 03:35:06 PMThis sounds more like the negotiations are not as fair...
!! Definitely.  Black talent always gets lowballed. Sometimes you gotta take what you can get and learn how to be Savvy. Kandi didn't get paid for her first season of Housewives, but now's the highest-paid and longest-running wife. #PeepGame
French Exit ♻️

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

FRANCE

Quote from: DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾 on August 04, 2023, 05:15:42 PM
Quote from: Rxxf on August 04, 2023, 03:35:06 PMThis sounds more like the negotiations are not as fair...
!! Definitely.  Black talent always gets lowballed. Sometimes you gotta take what you can get and learn how to be Savvy. Kandi didn't get paid for her first season of Housewives, but now's the highest-paid and longest-running wife. #PeepGame

And that's one of the biggest differences. What kinda business has Towanda, Trina, or even Toni and Tamar done since the show aired? I only remember Trina starting up that Bar Chix business and it sure aint no OLG. Is it even still open? Tamar just wanted to have a great music career and the show helped with that. And now she just hops from reality show to reality show.

A big part of the Kardashian brand is beauty too. No shade, but thats not the Braxton brand. Kanye said it himself - their talent is beauty. The plastic surgery, the image, all of that, which they leveraged to other business. One of the Kardashians got into modeling to expand that brand even more. Not everyone is as smart and truly talented like Kandi is. Tamar was prob broke before she left Vince. Toni filed a couple bankruptcies. And Towanda's man was using her living off the little that she made at the time. I mean, I'm sure not gonna assume that these women truly have what it takes to be financially and business savvy enough to be multi-millionaires off a WeTV show.

ophababes.

you'll never get paid the same or more than someone if you don't bring equal or more value than them in this industry. tamar knows that. deluded self.

Kalifornia.

Let's not forget they have Kris in the background putting in WORK. She stays pulling stunts and making deals to stay relevant.

That bitch literally pimped her daughter out for fame.  :dead:

She's driven.

The Braxtons don't have that.

ophababes.

Quote from: Kalifornia. on August 04, 2023, 06:39:01 PMLet's not forget they have Kris in the background putting in WORK. She stays pulling stunts and making deals to stay relevant.

She's driven.

!!!!!!!!

Cowgirl

Quote from: Kalifornia. on August 04, 2023, 06:39:01 PMLet's not forget they have Kris in the background putting in WORK. She stays pulling stunts and making deals to stay relevant.

She's driven.

You're taking this too far, we know WHY the Kardashians have made the money they have. She said her family was underpaid and she didn't lie.

ophababes.

Quote from: Big Barbie on August 04, 2023, 11:26:06 PM

She's driven.

You're taking this too far, we know WHY the Kardashians have made the money they have. She said her family was underpaid and she didn't lie.

n

rosone1

In the 80s and early 90s,the black population was about third less than it is now.The most watched shows on network tv were black shows.
The Kardashians didn't start off making that much money.The have 20 seasons, the Braxton's could barely hold it together for 6(7th doesn't count  :plzstop: )