The gorls that came out in the 90s/early 00s are lucky

Started by MAY, February 10, 2016, 02:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAY

Gorls like Brandy, Monica, Mya, Ashanti, Bey, etc. came out at a time when they were able to really slay financially. Even if you weren't the biggest album seller you could still pull in a decent coin.

They were touring large venues, booking major TV shows, movies, & endorsements. All of that allows them the financial freedom to pretty much do what they want nowadays.

If they want to sign to a major label they can. If they want to go independent they have the coin to fund their shit and make it look good. If they want to stay at home with their families living comfortably while doing shows here & there, they can.

Meanwhile the gorls of today have to constantly stay out there grinding for peanuts. Releasing music constantly, being on 2 & 3 TV shows, trying to keep their name in the press/blogs, etc. to only sell 50k or less first week.

Hell, the 90s/early 00 gorls are probably still making more off their back catalogs than the gorls can pull in nowadays.

Young

Very true

It's crazy how hard it is to make it nowadays

Zankou.

I sometimes wonder how some of the gorls like Tinashe and the likes pay their bills.

Scott.

I agree with all of this. Girls like K. Michelle and Tamar are out doing all this shit just keep the paper flowing and K. Michelle faints due to exhaustion and has to go to the hospital. Tamar is dehydrated because she has a lot going on. But you can only respect them for grinding and I used those two as an example cause I feel like they grind harder than a lot of the R&B girls and they pretty much HAVE to, to prove a point

Young

Quote from: Scott. on February 10, 2016, 02:18:53 PM
I agree with all of this. Girls like K. Michelle and Tamar are out doing all this shit just keep the paper flowing and K. Michelle faints due to exhaustion and has to go to the hospital. Tamar is dehydrated because she has a lot going on. But you can only respect them for grinding and I used those two as an example cause I feel like they grind harder than a lot of the R&B girls and they pretty much HAVE to, to prove a point

!!!!

It's crazy how hard they have it now

.betterwiseup

Labels aren't backing up R&B female artists like they used to back then.
They have to go through fire to get heard nowadays.

Code Red: itsMista

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: Saturn. on February 10, 2016, 02:18:16 PM
I sometimes wonder how some of the gorls like Tinashe and the likes pay their bills.
!!!

Sis is probably still paying RCA for all the money they invested in her.

yummy

I don't even understand how some people still want to be in the music industry after seeing how much it's regressed.

Scott.

Quote from: .betterwiseup on February 10, 2016, 02:24:26 PM
Labels aren't backing up R&B female artists like they used to back then.
They have to go through fire to get heard nowadays.

They are barely backing the male R&B artists.

A lot of these girls best bet is to come out of pocket for a lot of their albums

Code Red: itsMista

MAY

It's crazy how things have changed.

Back in the day it was harder to make it big, but the reward was much bigger if you did.
Now it's much easier to "make it", but the pay out is way less.

Hell, any gorl with a YouTube or IG account can be famous nowadays

Scott.

February 10, 2016, 02:36:33 PM #12 Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:36:54 PM by Scott.
Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on February 10, 2016, 02:35:01 PM
It's crazy how things have changed.

Back in the day it was harder to make it big, but the reward was much bigger if you did.
Now it's much easier to "make it", but the pay out is way less.

Hell, any gorl with a YouTube or IG account can be famous nowadays

Look at Cardi B. She was on instagram famous and now she's the fan favorite on "Love & Hip Hop". Like how lol

MAY

Quote from: Mista on February 10, 2016, 02:26:47 PM
Tamar did do 430k do she is kinda certified

Yeah, but she had to GRIND for that. She also has like 3 TV shows.

If this was the 90s or early 00s she would have done 3 mil.

Lazarus

R&B female singers are no longer a necessity at labels