#EverybodysNotaStar

Started by monk al-taqi, February 12, 2016, 05:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

I don't know how much it means but Bran doesn't follow Mo on Twitter.. Mo does follow Bran

/.\

Brit Brat

Annie

It's funny how she follows us starz but not someone she worked with in real offline life :plzstop:

I bet Bran wants all the attention on Zoe and B&P, not on stories from 1998

/.\

Annie

February 12, 2016, 06:41:54 PM #33 Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:43:52 PM by Annie
Quote from: m.monk on February 12, 2016, 06:13:04 PM
Quote from: Annie on February 12, 2016, 06:09:36 PM
I just don't know why she mentions respect
Like Rodney and Bran just do something behind her back or something :uhh: or did they have to give permission to that remix?

You think this has to do with the 99souls
The way Mo said ' I like Jessie tho'
Like there's still that possibility Jessie might do it.
She hates Ariana or?

But yes this 99souls thing: The Girl Is Mine" is a song by British electronic music duo 99 Souls. A mash-up of Destiny's Child's "Girl" (2004) and Brandy and Monica's "The Boy Is Mine" (1998), the funky house track was released on 6 November 2015 with a re-recorded vocal from Brandy.[1] The song peaked at number five on the UK Singles Chart.[2]

Did they notify Mo?

/.\

RekeRig

Quote from: Young on February 12, 2016, 05:53:47 PM
Yeah it may be about Niecy

I think we got the Bran and Mo shade mixed up.

And I think Monica was talking about K Michelle
I heard she's fucking with Rocko now
oh shit dsssddddd wtf

monk al-taqi

where's silent when we need him sdfsss

"Trust in God is worth everything that is precious and the path to every goal which is high and sublime."

Annie

February 12, 2016, 06:45:22 PM #36 Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:47:12 PM by Annie
On wiki they explain it like this:
The song was first released in December 2014, appearing on SoundCloud.[3] While creators 99 Souls thought not much would come of it, the mash-up garnered 2.9 million streams within its first year of release.[3] However, it was later taken down due to copyright violations.

After the approval of both Brandy and Beyonc?, the song was released commercially in November of 2015. The song was enhanced with a re-recorded vocal from Brandy, along with additional changes. Though Brandy agreed to record new vocals for the mash-up track,[1] Monica turned the offer down, commenting. "I feel like sometimes things that are a part of history and that are in history should be left as such so that it can be upheld with the respect that it was given even back then," she told The Huffington Post. "That's the one song and the one time that [Brandy and I] both won a Grammy and experienced certain things. So I have a lot of memories and emotions connected to that record."[4]

/.\

monk al-taqi

Quote from: Annie on February 12, 2016, 06:45:22 PM
After the approval of both Brandy and Beyonc?, the song was released commercially in November of 2015. The song was enhanced with a re-recorded vocal from Brandy, along with additional changes. Though Brandy agreed to record new vocals for the mash-up track,[1] Monica turned the offer down, commenting. "I feel like sometimes things that are a part of history and that are in history should be left as such so that it can be upheld with the respect that it was given even back then," she told The Huffington Post. "That's the one song and the one time that [Brandy and I] both won a Grammy and experienced certain things. So I have a lot of memories and emotions connected to that record."[4]

awww mons sounds hurt

and bitter  :welllol:

"Trust in God is worth everything that is precious and the path to every goal which is high and sublime."

Annie

Skip forward a year and it's already topping charts with commercial radio success throughout the UK after only a month since its official release. Add 2,900,000 million streams as well as 6,000 Shazams in a single day after getting its first play BBC Radio 1 Track of the Day and the thing has some legs.

Pushed out on an independent label Resilience Records and backed by Sony, the creators have obviously given up some rights or cold hard cash that'll be divvied up all the parties involved post sales and any licensing that goes on.

/.\

Annie

Slayana was like fuck it I'm not only going to give them permission to use the track,but also re-record a bit and erase Mo a bit :plzstop: #byefromtheotherside #extramoneyinthebank #ghanondancecharts

/.\

monk al-taqi

Quote from: Annie on February 12, 2016, 06:54:36 PM
Slayana was like fuck it I'm not only going to give them permission to use the track,but also re-record a bit and erase Mo a bit :plzstop: #byefromtheotherside #extramoneyinthebank #ghanondancecharts

Sxcxdssss

Annie get ur life sis  :cheerup:

martian

aw monica is such a shape shifter. once minute i hate her, the next she seems not insane. that was cool interview

Rxxf

Quote from: Annie on February 12, 2016, 05:59:09 PM
(Ok this is more speculation...)
Yeah but Mo doesnt really want a cover of tbim and I bet Bran would love to hear Jessie J hear that sing:
Back in 1998, the world was blessed with Brandy and Monica's "The Boy Is Mine," a smooth duet about two women who mistakenly fall for the same man. When rumors of a remake, supposedly to be sung by Ariana Grande and Jessie J, hit the web, '90s nostalgia lovers freaked out (and not all so positively). But according to Monica herself, no remake is in the works yet.

The singer, who joined HuffPost Live to discuss her latest album "Code Red," said she isn't in on conversations about the alleged remake, but she would be OK with it under one condition.

"I was brought into that record by Brandy and [producer] Rodney Jerkins, and I feel like they know the origin of it, so if that's something that they're comfortable with, then I would be too," she said. "I'm a person that just believes in respect. I'm very big on that, so that would be a conversation I would have to have with the two of them about how they felt about it."

you guys need to WATCH the video to what Annie posted here.
It READS totally different on camera. Omfg.
:dead:
Text is so damn dry.
:uhh:

Mo was saying that since Bran/Rodney created the song, she really will go ahead with without they see fit. She respects that.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: m.monk on February 12, 2016, 06:48:22 PM
Quote from: Annie on February 12, 2016, 06:45:22 PM

awww mons sounds hurt

and bitter  :welllol:

omfg
this too

the fuck
:plzstop:

y'all need to watch the VIDEO interview to this.
it's not what it seems via text.
:kii:
BRANDY