I still fume over how Afrodisiac was handled

Started by DraeDrizzl3, March 27, 2016, 11:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herb.

Quote from: Keyonc? on March 28, 2016, 12:09:26 AM
She should have went with her original plan and chose Black Pepper as the first single.
Kanye should have been scrapped.

Full Moon & Afrodisiac could have been her biggest eras.
wow queen. i take back everything I said. ur absolutely right

and beautiful :ohwow:

Ma Lo

Her albums haven't been handled properly since NSN unfortunately .

Vonc2002

Afrodisiac is the worst song brandy has ever recorded lolz
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

DraeDrizzl3

Quote from: Herbie on March 28, 2016, 12:08:17 AM
I don't see it for Afro as a first single, as much as I luv it.

I think they did what was logical and appropriate for an artist returning after a 4 year break. Get a relevant rapper on the mess and PUSH it owt there.

Plus I'm sure they paid major coin for Kanye to spit on TAOL. I doubt they were just gonna include that as a bonus track :dead:
It was a 2 year break. And they did what they thought was logical. It just sucks that they fucked over the sound Bran and Tim were tryna put out there.

STUNNA GOD

I think they did what was logical and appropriate for an artist returning after a 4 year break. Get a relevant rapper on the mess and PUSH it owt there.

Plus I'm sure they paid major coin for Kanye to spit on TAOL. I doubt they were just gonna include that as a bonus track :dead:
Kanye wasnt that huge of an artist in 04 though... he was still kinda up and coming. Wish they could get back into the studio today...

Vonc2002

Quote from: Sirius on March 27, 2016, 11:56:09 PM
Then the lazy ass WIS2U remix
:-/

If they wanted to hop on the Usher bandwagon, why not have them do the song over with a video?
This is true,  tho i hated his version
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

DraeDrizzl3

Quote from: Trey on March 28, 2016, 12:12:05 AM

Kanye wasnt that huge of an artist in 04 though... he was still kinda up and coming. Wish they could get back into the studio today...
Right. And if they needed a Kanye stamp, why not go with the catchier song with T.I., who was also blowing up at the time
:hmph:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Trey on March 28, 2016, 12:00:17 AM
Quote from: Herbie on March 27, 2016, 11:57:49 PM
I think they put out TAOL cuz Kanye was hot as fuck ATM.
I do think he brought attention to the song.

We love Afrodisiac but a 1st single? I dunno.

most people don't know what an aphrodisiac is :dead: especially younger gorls
!!!!!!!!!!! I always thought TAOL was a great 1st single.... WIS2U was just a HORRIBLE 2nd single. I wanted Where You Wanna Be.
are u well? WIS2U SHITS! wuwb would've been a tragic single

DraeDrizzl3

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 28, 2016, 12:12:30 AM
Quote from: Sirius on March 27, 2016, 11:56:09 PM
Then the lazy ass WIS2U remix
:-/

If they wanted to hop on the Usher bandwagon, why not have them do the song over with a video?
This is true,  tho i hated his version
They played it all the time on the radio. He sounded a fool

Ma Lo

I hated WIS2U lol where you wanna be with TI and focus should've been singles , Finally too .

STUNNA GOD

No shade, but the QUALITY of Kanye's tracks >>> Tim's

The fans loved Afrodisiac and Tim, but I feel like the general public would've really caught on if Ye' produced the entire album.

KingOfHearts

March 28, 2016, 12:16:54 AM #26 Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 12:23:03 AM by KingOfHearts
I still get mad myself

1st single - Talk About Our Love
2nd single - Where You Wanna Be (T.I) was hot at that moment too urban radio would've gave it more buzz.

3rd Single - I Tried or Finally
My Queens!!

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: KingOfHearts on March 28, 2016, 12:16:54 AM
I still get mad myself

1st single - Talk About Our Love
2nd single - Where You Wanna Be (T.I) was hot at that moment too urban radio would've gave it more buzz.

3rd Single - I Tried
WOW YEA >><<

:ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow:

DraeDrizzl3

Quote from: Ntwadumela on March 28, 2016, 12:15:47 AM
I hated WIS2U lol where you wanna be with TI and focus should've been singles , Finally too .
I read online that Afrodisiac and Finally were leaked online to see the fans' reactions. I always felt like those two and I Tried should've been the singles.

STUNNA GOD