I still fume over how Afrodisiac was handled

Started by DraeDrizzl3, March 27, 2016, 11:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Quote from: Yar backwards on March 28, 2016, 12:42:36 AM
I dont really see an issue with the singles from Afro
but the performances were a mess
Yea, hated each and every one
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

LOONA.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 28, 2016, 12:43:02 AM
Full moon has always been lowkey corny to me and i hate the chorus
:udontlookok:

Its more of a 5th single than follow up to the 1st. I think that coupled with the pregnancy is why the era ended so early

:uhh:

Herb.

Quote from: Trey on March 28, 2016, 12:39:15 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 28, 2016, 12:35:18 AM
I can definitely agree that I tried shoulda been a single tho.  I don't understand how brandy has these STRONG songs on every album and doesn't utilize them.  Sorry but lowkey Full moon didn't have to be a single or couldve atleast came later (which means never since there were only 2 lolz). There were so many other songs that begged releasing before that.
Full Moon was one of her best singles, if NOT her best single ever.....

:sevynstreeter:
fuck u.

Cowboy Nine

Not y'all holding over fumes from 2002 kdmdmdmdmmd

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Digital Hipster

I honestly thought most the choices on Afro musically were great. Aside from swapping out a few tracks for others here and there and cleaning up the mixes a bit, the album and singles worked as they were. What frustrates me most about Afro is the way the whole era was handled. The album stood apart from anything else in R&B and pop at the time, but they had Brandy out there like some rookie wannabe J-Lo. 

brocka4life

March 28, 2016, 01:18:57 AM #52 Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:19:34 AM by brocka4life
I say let it go. We cannot change anything that happened 12 years ago. There are more mishandled eras to come.  :plzstop:

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 28, 2016, 12:43:02 AM
Full moon has always been lowkey corny to me and i hate the chorus
:udontlookok:

WTF, really.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Im glad Brandy belived in the song and it was a hit

its so fucking unique  it never ages

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

The Brandy Barbie

March 28, 2016, 01:34:00 AM #55 Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:37:12 AM by The Brandy Barbie
Quote from: Digital Hipster on March 28, 2016, 12:48:03 AM
I honestly thought most the choices on Afro musically were great. Aside from swapping out a few tracks for others here and there and cleaning up the mixes a bit, the album and singles worked as they were. What frustrates me most about Afro is the way the whole era was handled. The album stood apart from anything else in R&B and pop at the time, but they had Brandy out there like some rookie wannabe J-Lo.

I think it was her manager at the time.  He managed J Lo so successfully he thought that taking off your clothes and doing a lip synch dance mess was supposed to be the image for all female celebrities.

Lazarus

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 28, 2016, 12:11:19 AM
Afrodisiac is the worst song brandy has ever recorded lolz

thats ridiculous

but you will go up for some cornball rihanna mess tho

Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on March 28, 2016, 01:34:00 AM
Quote from: Digital Hipster on March 28, 2016, 12:48:03 AM

I think it was manager at the time.  He managed J Lo so successfully that he thought that taking off your clothes and a lip synch dance mess was supposed to be the image for all female celebrities.

this made me laugh :plzstop: :plzstop:

Different

Lazarus

Quote from: brocka4life on March 28, 2016, 01:18:57 AM
I say let it go. We cannot change anything that happened 12 years ago. There are more mishandled eras to come.  :plzstop: