LaPorsha immediately signed to label

Started by Herb., April 09, 2016, 05:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herb.

American Idol winner Trent Harmon will embark on a country music career as an artist on 19/Big Machine Records, Billboard has confirmed.

And unlike recent seasons, when the runner-up has not necessarily been offered a label deal, La'Porsha Renae will also be joining the Universal Music Group family, signing with 19/Big Machine/Motown Records, in partnership with Big Machine.

"Because of the overwhelming fan demand and success of the farewell season of American Idol, we have made the decision to sign both the winner, Trent Harmon, and runner-up, La'Porsha Renae, to exclusive recording agreements," Big Machine Label Group founder and CEO Scott Borchetta tells Billboard. "I can't think of a better way to bring this American institution to a close. Everyone at the Big Machine Label Group, the Universal Music Group and Motown Records are so thrilled with the outcome and can't wait to get to work."

Harmon, the 25-year-old Mississippi native who won the hearts of TV viewers with a game-changing performance of Sia's "Chandelier," is headed to Nashville as soon as his Idol appearance obligations are done. "We're going to make a country record with him," Borchetta told reporters Wednesday night.

MORE: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/idol-worship/7326308/american-idol-winner-runner-up-both-have-label-deals-exclusive

BAPHOMET.

Herb.

April 09, 2016, 06:09:34 PM #3 Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 06:10:06 PM by Herbie
Can't wait to support. :justabit:
I'm sure they're getting straight to work on the alber' to capitalize ASAP.

Boomz

Wow...Big Machine is Taylor Swift's mess. She might get a big push

Herb.

Quote from: Boomer on April 09, 2016, 06:12:11 PM
a hehe! a hoo hoo!

hahahahah!!!! :cheerup:

Nyan Cat

Vonc2002

Iono, 19/big machine is who all the idols get contracts with.  She's actually with the motown side tho. I'll wait until i hear something before i write her off
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Herb.

!

I really want to see what they do with her.

Boomz

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 09, 2016, 06:22:27 PM
Iono, 19/big machine is who all the idols get contracts with.  She's actually with the motown side tho. I'll wait until i hear something before i write her off

Looking at their roster tho, all their artist have had some level of success. And she'd be their only black artist.

I think she's gonna get every chance to succeed.

But will people purchase?

Herb.

April 09, 2016, 06:27:58 PM #11 Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 06:28:58 PM by Herbie
Either way I'm happy for her, once she made me cry the first time I ever heard her I knew she'd at least be in the finals, and definitely would get a deal. I wasn't even worried about voting for her.

She won. As I knew she would.

yummy

Vonc2002

I didn't want her to win idol because i didnt think she was the best but i could see her making some interesting music.  I need to see what her musical style is tho. She looks like she'll give some angie stone mess, meh
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Herb.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on April 09, 2016, 06:29:48 PM
she doesn't like homosexuals
I saw her statement, and to me it looks like she doesn't agree with the idea of it but she tried her best to be respectful with her response. Someone's opinion on something isn't going to turn me away from them. It doesn't bother me. It's all about how you handle your beliefs and communicate them to others that will impact how I view you.