Let's All Join! - Boycott Big Chain Stores, July 10 - 16 #TheBlackDollar

Started by 4 fucking k, July 10, 2016, 01:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brocka4life

That plan won't work. You have to pull back spending from all segments simultaneously. With over $1 trillion in black spending each year, we could cripple the ecomony if we just stopped our spending (besides paying bills) for 30 days. But to do it, it would take great preparation and enough time to spread the word. I say do it when the next President is sworn in. No need to destroy all the hard work the Obama administration has done with the economy and tarnish his legacy.

Opposites Attract.

Quote from: brocka4life on July 10, 2016, 06:12:46 AM
That plan won't work. You have to pull back spending from all segments simultaneously. With over $1 trillion in black spending each year, we could cripple the ecomony if we just stopped our spending (besides paying bills) for 30 days. But to do it, it would take great preparation and enough time to spread the word. I say do it when the next President is sworn in. No need to destroy all the hard work the Obama administration has done with the economy and tarnish his legacy.

This

But this HAS to be done. We have to spend our money in our community. That's the only way we are going to thrive.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Annie

Yes if you want to change something it needs to be a permanent thing, not some one week challenge..

/.\

brocka4life

People can do without shopping for shoes, bags, electronics, cars, fast food, etc. for a month or so. No one said don't buy food at all.  That's a lot easier to do than start up a million black-owned businesses overnight.

People tend to forget that part of what made the Civil Rights movement so successful was the fact that the economy was also affected by the boycotts. Not to mention the economy was the basis for the Civil War. America is driven by the $...white people were losing their minds during the recession. Let them feel that shit again. This is just one way to get the message heard. Walking/marching and screaming is not doing it. Speeches aren't doing it.

brocka4life

Why are you making this about McDonald's? Do ou have stock?

I never mentioned any company specifically. At the end of the day, I'm all for boycotting businesses that don't support the interests of the black community. I'm not call for the boycott of that actually support.

McDonalds, McDonalds, McDonalds!

brocka4life

What you are doing is the same thing the people who say that cops killing people is not a problem...making blanket statements and generalities.

This thread solely focuses on boycotting. I don't think I have said once that this is the solution to the entire problem. But if you care to know some of the things I feel need to take place:

-Education
-Instilling pride in our communities
-Mental health awareness and education
-Financial literacy
-Positive images of self and blacks in media
-Open dialogues with all parties involved
-More funding for programs and better training for police
-Requiring a greater percentage of police to live in the actual communities they serve
-Better representation of the community demographic in the government locally, state level, and federally

I could go on. But shooting down any and everything is not going to get us anywhere either. Another Al Sharpton speech is not going to get us anywhere. Just praying to Jesus and Allah is not going to do it.

BLM is an organization and a hashtag but BLM is not the issue at hand nor is it the overall solution.

brocka4life

Quote from: indigenous. on July 10, 2016, 08:52:31 AM
I also mentioned Walmart

These are among the companies listed In this proposed "boycott" .It's sensical to use them as an example. And as I stated before, my little brother works there for summer and keeps him off the streets.

Or did that logic evade you

So if your brother got fired from McDonalds, what would "keep him off the streets?" Is there nothing else positive in his life to keep him out of trouble? And I'm not trying to be funny, I really wonder.

brocka4life

Quote from: indigenous. on July 10, 2016, 08:59:39 AM
And it's not about you mentioning a company specifically. You're supporting a "boycott" which includes the companies I mentioned so it's all relevant. Lol.

Let's see how effective this boycott is though. hopefully Walmart will succumb to the pressure and post a hashtag on their social media page. Since that seems to be the only thing required to be an active member or ally of this movement .

If you read my initial post in here, I see flaws in the original post. My support is for a boycott of companies whose spending is for organizations and politicians that aim to take our rights away and keep certain groups of people oppressed; lobbyists who buy politicians.

I could care less about who posts a hashtag, that's goes for companies and celebrities. It's going to take action on everyone's part to turn things around. Action, not hashtags.

D.I.E.G.O.

brocka4life

There's no way an effective boycott can be planned and implemented in a matter of days. So the original post is shit to begin with.

Black people have it so hard but part of it is due to the fact that they don't take the time realize what's going on around them. There is no reason why we spend the most in this country, yet don't have businesses in the most flourishing industries.

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: indigenous. on July 10, 2016, 02:17:58 AM
And yes 7 dollars an hour for salting fries isn't much to me but it's the world to my little brother who's still in high school. He's one more young black boy making his money honestly instead of on a corner somewhere.
!!!!!!!!

Micky Dees does a LOT for the black community..... And donates and sponsors nearly every major black event, especially with HBCUs. Why isn't Chick fil a at the TOP of this list?...

GRAND

Quote from: indigenous. on July 10, 2016, 09:51:00 AM

The fact that "etc." is at the end of those lines should tell us how serious of a proposal this is.

That's all I needed to see to know it was a waste of time

Seems unorganized and last minute.

While most large companies are owned by white people, there is no reason to starve the ones that are supporting us (to any extent).

Maybe they should do more research and figure out which companies support backwards thinking and funds them

Like fcking chik fila

And target them

Cowgirl

Quote from: indigenous. on July 10, 2016, 09:17:50 AM
I made a thread months ago about the black dollar and my frustration towards Koreans coming into our communities, taking our money and not giving a CENT back to us. They done employ us, don't contribute to our causes, but yet control the BIGGEST industry we contribute to: hair/beauty. This is the market we have the MOST financial hold on but it's not listed in this "boycott".

Surprised they missed it while they were randomly listing supermarkets :dead:
Bump ha bvy, bump ha up!

Cowgirl

charlie.