dddd does he have a point?

Started by FlowerBomb, September 16, 2016, 07:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Umm I don't know tbh.. Love is the answer of course but it is still strange how there are so many white models on those catwalks. I think he should be more aware of that.

/.\

Freemala Harris

No

People of color can't have straight hair? Or is he trying to imply that white people own straight hair? Because that's not the case lol.

Meanwhile this all edgy and cool whilst someone black with the same hairstyle will miss out on job opportunities for rocking it.

And the "I see no color" mess makes it worse. The color blind mess never helps.

RAY7

he doesnt, cause Black women definitely get flack for straightening their hair sometimes & not embracing their natural kinky texture, or for wearing weave especially blonde

leftout

The point is, there ain't no colored gorls modeling his very wack ass collection :plea:

Kurama

Nope.

In addition to all the aforementioned reasons posted by others who I agree, you can't strip the context of why some Black women/people chose to straighten their hair or go with a blonde mess or even bleach their skin. It all stems back to white supremacy.

You psychologically condition a people to hate their skin color and adhere to your "races" standard of beauty historically across the globe for centuries and then act oblivious when they do it, please.

leftout

Quote from: AYR on September 16, 2016, 07:56:32 AM
he doesnt, cause Black women definitely get flack for straightening their hair sometimes & not embracing their natural kinky texture, or for wearing weave especially blonde
!! Not to mention how often our natural hairstyles are in some areas considered unprofessional. He has no point

Cowboy Nine

Yeah there's not a single point here.

wizzy

Almost.
But this love as the answer and appreciation for all is not reflected on the runway.

Cowboy Nine

September 16, 2016, 08:13:02 AM #9 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:13:25 AM by Nine
Quote from: Uni on September 16, 2016, 08:06:33 AM
But this love as the answer and appreciation for all is not reflected on the runway.
njsbhshsjhjs !!!

Love all!

Why are there only white people modelling your collection hun?

:diddraispoot:

Annie

September 16, 2016, 08:16:10 AM #11 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:19:10 AM by Annie

Most of the white girls look a mess with those dreads

/.\

Annie

September 16, 2016, 08:22:35 AM #12 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:24:49 AM by Annie
the 'dreads' remind me of

It would probably be worse if they all looked like

/.\

Annie

/.\

LOONA.

Quote from: black n got damn proud on September 16, 2016, 07:50:26 AM
it's a hairstyle.

nnn

Black women walk around with straight blond weaves.

And I get it, dreds are cultural but the same gorls crying about this will be the same to slap a perm or quick weave in their heads. Or call someone else's hair nappy. I'm just over all the outrage over stupid shit.

SJW are the pits. People just wanna be outraged.