Brandy's Soul Train performance ❤️

Started by monk al-taqi, November 27, 2016, 09:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opposites Attract.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

GYNandTONIC

November 30, 2016, 05:26:13 PM #751 Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:27:08 PM by GYNandTONIC
I'm sorry but Monica is kinda NOT on the same level as Brandy. The nostalgia and success of TBIM is what keeps them linked together more than anything. If the song never happend their mentioning in the same sentence would be like mentioning Aaliyah & Mya in the same sentence.

Monica hasn't had nearly as many nostaligic, mainstream, pop culture moments as Brandy. Hell, if we are tbqfh Monica never even had a VIBE cover! Does she even have a Essence cover? Even within her own community her overall brand just wasn't there.

Even in today's time Brandy has still managed to snag relevant moments like Chicago, placements on Chris, Ty $, and other artist albums spanning ALL genres. She's regularly talked about when it comes to influence by the Ariana's of the world. They just aren't on the same level, sorry!

If y'all think this shit is going to harm Brandy's career in someway, y'all clearly don't understand how media works in these times. Attention spans are short, and by the next news cycle no one will give a fuck. Even if Brandy lashed her for the next 6 months, no one would care a month later. It's not that deep.

Opposites Attract.

Y'all are delusional as fuck. It's so sad to see and this idiotic logic y'all spew is even worse.

D.I.E.G.O.

Quote from: BENTLEY. on November 30, 2016, 03:51:21 PM
Quote from: \dē-ˈā-gō\ on November 30, 2016, 10:22:48 AM
There is nothing legendary about Monica, her music or that fucking goat yodel. Are you fags the fuck OK?  :diddraispoot:
s

And see

THIS is why the childish beef will never be over

In the same sense Xtina and Brit fans sabotaged the other. (They're both flops now btw)

In the same sense Bey and Rih fans talk shit and sabotage the other artists

You're delusional to downplay Monica's career :dead:

And who cares, Monica and Brandy are both "flops" in today's standards

They could drop albums tomorrow and sell the same amount and BOTH not get second singles. Hell Monica might even get more commercial success with hers, Brandy more critical acclaim.... who cares :dead:

What pisses me off is the continuation of the bullshit. And why I've commended Monica.
They should've just tributed Brandy so she can sit down and stop showing out. But she HAD to get up there and try to be "strong" by being petty to some degree :dead:

Gorl TBH the Brandy freed posters didn't spark of OUNCE of excitement. "Rawr! Lion out her cage! Watch out!"
Like it's about to be some force or hurricane to come thru. Gorl plea! You have years of unreleased shit you didn't give your fans BEFORE he lawsuit. So quit putting on :uhh:

the fact they're both still here to even sing and be able to drop alberms should be enough for them to just DEAD the whole stupid situation

So why are you fixing your mouth to say there's nothing legendary about her?

And if Monica did something so bad, Brandy should expose and stop being bitter. If she's sneaky, don't fuck with her and move on.

Wow. This entire piece was shit.

D.I.E.G.O.

b7

Quote from: K♚NG. on November 30, 2016, 05:29:34 PM
Y'all are delusional as fuck. It's so sad to see and this idiotic logic y'all spew is even worse.
n

Find the lie

b7

Great seeing her honored the other night lol

GYNandTONIC

Now that I think about it, I don't remember Brandy being shady towards her until shortly after she rerecorded the vocals for TBIM. So I'm gonna assume shit went real sour when trying to work that out.

Opposites Attract.

Quote from: Riggy Rig on November 30, 2016, 05:32:27 PM

n

I agree luv. Long time coming, I thought

GLOCK

Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on November 30, 2016, 05:00:11 PM
Quote from: glock on November 30, 2016, 04:24:37 PM
Quote from: BENTLEY. on November 30, 2016, 03:51:21 PM
Quote from: \dē-ˈā-gō\ on November 30, 2016, 10:22:48 AM
There is nothing legendary about Monica, her music or that fucking goat yodel. Are you fags the fuck OK?  :diddraispoot:
s

And see

THIS is why the childish beef will never be over

In the same sense Xtina and Brit fans sabotaged the other. (They're both flops now btw)

In the same sense Bey and Rih fans talk shit and sabotage the other artists

You're delusional to downplay Monica's career :dead:

And who cares, Monica and Brandy are both "flops" in today's standards

They could drop albums tomorrow and sell the same amount and BOTH not get second singles. Hell Monica might even get more commercial success with hers, Brandy more critical acclaim.... who cares :dead:

What pisses me off is the continuation of the bullshit. And why I've commended Monica.
They should've just tributed Brandy so she can sit down and stop showing out. But she HAD to get up there and try to be "strong" by being petty to some degree :dead:

Gorl TBH the Brandy freed posters didn't spark of OUNCE of excitement. "Rawr! Lion out her cage! Watch out!"
Like it's about to be some force or hurricane to come thru. Gorl plea! You have years of unreleased shit you didn't give your fans BEFORE he lawsuit. So quit putting on :uhh:

the fact they're both still here to even sing and be able to drop alberms should be enough for them to just DEAD the whole stupid situation

So why are you fixing your mouth to say there's nothing legendary about her?

And if Monica did something so bad, Brandy should expose and stop being bitter. If she's sneaky, don't fuck with her and move on.
period

Who cares if some people here down play Monica's success.  It's Brandy's board.  I see sometimes people exaggerate things about Monica being ghetto or being a flop here.  It's always happened.  I'm sure they say similar things about Brandy on Monica's board.  This is Brandy's board.  So why are y'all that worked up about it? Who are you here for, anyway?
cuz I can be hun

GLOCK

And I go hard as hell on Monica's board about Bran .. deal with it

KING BENTLEY.

Why does it really matter that Brandy slays ONE girls legacy

Pit her against Rih and Bey and Mary and Mimi then :dead:

That's like me bragging about Tweet slaying Inoj (which she does)

And Monica is killing it now

I really miss Brandy's humility

There's a such thing as confidence without being a big pack of douchebags

But ....

Congrats, she SLAYED Monica LOLZ!

At the expense of her career reaching new heights over the years. Bravo 👏

H.#.G.*.Z

b7

But let's talk about something else cuz no one is gonna be convinced any other way

GLOCK

Quote from: Riggy Rig on November 30, 2016, 05:32:27 PM
! And share her moment with Monica :sistas:

leftout

and, sorry, Monica isn't really legendary, a household name, or even memorable