Do you think it is a coincidence that two of rap's trinity today

Started by SouravMay, December 04, 2016, 05:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouravMay

are half-white?

J. Cole only grew up with his German mother.

Same with Drake and his German-Jewish mom

And we have Kendrick

B7

SouravMay

Quote from: Alphabet on December 04, 2016, 05:22:52 PM
How is that a coincidence

I am asking. I find it funny that those hailed as the hip hop's Jehova's and the realest and best of them all were in fact raised by white privileged womens.
B7

Vonc2002

Nah. I don't people look at them and think anything or than blk.......even the white people
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

KING BENTLEY.

I see what Mack is saying

And yea I've thought this for a long time

But this new class might break that

This lil boy Kodak Black is a talented lil thing

H.#.G.*.Z

D.I.E.G.O.

Coincidental? Nah. I don't think their racial make up has anything to do with their talent or the accessibility of their music.

Vonc2002

Quote from: \dē-ˈā-gō\ on December 04, 2016, 05:25:38 PM
Coincidental? Nah. I don't think their racial make up has anything to do with their talent or the accessibility of their music.
This too. Didn't even know j cole was anything other than blk until this shit.
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

SouravMay

Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 04, 2016, 05:24:31 PM
Nah. I don't people look at them and think anything or than blk.......even the white people

I think people percieve J. Cole as black and Drake as mixed. One could argue they use the narrative and esthetics of the black struggle to their advantage, when it does not necessarily is true to their reality. Hip hop is a genre born out of the lower class inner city black struggle. They managed to detach those experiences from what "real hip hop" requires.

Am mean they came out the gate into this world with generational white wealth.
B7

SouravMay

Quote from: \dē-ˈā-gō\ on December 04, 2016, 05:25:38 PM

That was kind of a contradiction? So you do think it is a coincidence?
B7

SouravMay

Even when you look at many of the "IT" black girls that they love to like Zendaya, Tinashe, Amandla etc, very many of them are actually mixed and also benefitted from white privilege in many degrees.
B7

BAPHOMET.

RAY7

How are they a trinity?
J Cole is dope but not nearly as successful