People still use this excuse?

Started by LOONA., January 05, 2017, 08:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Sinpool

Quote from: jtwoeleven on January 05, 2017, 11:28:05 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on January 05, 2017, 11:22:15 PM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on January 05, 2017, 11:20:48 PM
So...for example, do y'all think it's intolerant if someone only believes in the traditional view of marriage?

What's the traditional view of marriage

You know, one man one woman. Would you call someone a homophobic bigot if that's what they believe?

d

That's not even the "traditional' view of marriage, Marriage predates any religion and different cultures have rules about how many people can get married, how old you can be to get married, etc.,

So trying to dictate what is "traditional" marriage when the idea of marriage itself relies on who sets the rules is intolerant.

Admin

Beysus

Quote from: L0NZ. on January 05, 2017, 11:08:37 PM
Whatever you want to call it, it's entirely possible for someone to not be down with what homosexuality entails and still love and respect a homosexual. If none of you gors have at least one person in your life that convinces you of that, I'm sorry.

This logic is flawed.

It's flawed because if someone is "not down with what homosexuality entails" (which I'm assuming means same sex love, sex and marriage) it means that either:

1) they believe sexuality is a choice

AND/OR

2) they believe that homosexuality is a sin

So you either have someone who believes that you are "choosing a lifestyle" and/or someone that believes that you don't have a right to love, marriage, and sexual fulfillment.

So basically there is NO WAY this person respects you. That's a delusion that you're telling yourself. They either think you're weak and making a stupid choice or that you are a second class citizen unworthy of the same rights that they themselves are entitled to.

GRAND

Quote from: L0NZ. on January 06, 2017, 12:04:49 AM
Disdain? Sis, half of you feel disdain towards certain species of fag. Are yall fkn homophobic????
v

Well then does EVERYONE have a phobia at this point?

Real

January 06, 2017, 03:25:45 AM #97 Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:26:33 AM by Real
There's no one in my life that I agree with 100%. But that doesn't mean I hate them or don't support them. It could be just one aspect of who they are or what they do that we don't see eye to eye on......and vice versa. I think what makes it different is that it seems some LGBT people make that aspect of who they are their whole identity. So it becomes an all or nothing thing. If you're not in support of it, then you automatically hate them. And that's jusr simply not the way everyone works.

And btw I'm not faulting anyone for how they choose to identify themselves. I just think that's what muddy the waters. Some people can separate that, and some can't.

Beysus

Quote from: Real on January 06, 2017, 03:25:45 AM
There's no one in my life that I agree with 100%. But that doesn't mean I hate them or don't support them. It could be just one aspect of who they are or what they do that we don't see eye to eye on......and vice versa. I think what makes it different is that it seems some LGBT people make that aspect of who they are their whole identity. So it becomes an all or nothing thing. If you're not in support of it, then you automatically hate them. And that's jusr simply not the way everyone works.

And btw I'm not faulting anyone for how they choose to identify themselves. I just think that's what muddy the waters. Some people can separate that, and some can't.

Once again. Flawed. When you think about other people that you don't agree with or whatever you're disagreeing with their thoughts on things. Sexuality isn't a belief- it's an identity. You can't agree or disagree with someone's identity. And if you do disagree with someone's innate identity then you do in fact hate them. That's very different from disagreeing with someone on a view point.

I'm not here to say that racism and homophobia is the same thing because it's not but I do think this is analogous to people back in the day giving a "love ni**ers but they're just naturally below us. It's not natural for a nigger to run off without their master. A slave and her/his master is the natural order of things. This doesn't mean I hate them or don't respect them."

In both cases, people are using their "beliefs" to justify disenfranchising and marginalizing a group of people.

Real

Quote from: Beysus on January 06, 2017, 03:32:45 AM

Once again. Flawed. When you think about other people that you don't agree with or whatever you're disagreeing with their thoughts on things. Sexuality isn't a belief- it's an identity. You can't agree or disagree with someone's identity. And if you do disagree with someone's innate identity then you do in fact hate them. That's very different from disagreeing with someone on a view point.

I'm not here to say that racism and homophobia is the same thing because it's not but I do think this is analogous to people back in the day giving a "love ni**ers but they're just naturally below us. It's not natural for a nigger to run off without their master. A slave and her/his master is the natural order of things. This doesn't mean I hate them or don't respect them."

In both cases, people are using their "beliefs" to justify disenfranchising and marginalizing a group of people.

I can agree with the first point,  that's why I never liked the agree/disagree with terminology. Essentially,  I mean support. If someone has a religious belief that says homosexuality is wrong.....then that's just what they believe. It's still totally possible for them to have no hatred for homosexuals. Like I  said above, how much a person considers their sexuality to be apart of their complete identity can make or break that. But I understand your point.

Kaeli.

Quote from: Black Indian on January 05, 2017, 10:35:10 PM
[youtube autoplay=1 start=31][/youtube]

ssssd

im mixed :whogonbook:

Ur barely a girl Hun let's not push it

b7

Quote from: Real on January 06, 2017, 03:39:11 AM
Quote from: Beysus on January 06, 2017, 03:32:45 AM

I can agree with the first point,  that's why I never liked the agree/disagree with terminology. Essentially,  I mean support. If someone has a religious belief that says homosexuality is wrong.....then that's just what they believe. It's still totally possible for them to have no hatred for homosexuals. Like I  said above, how much a person considers their sexuality to be apart of their complete identity can make or break that. But I understand your point.
!!!

Love this.  There's nothing to agree or disagree with :dead:

BrokenHeartsHeal

FlowerBomb

Quote from: TheNextLew on January 06, 2017, 12:13:35 AM
Quote from: GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL on January 05, 2017, 11:34:13 PM
Quote from: TheNextLew on January 05, 2017, 11:20:31 PM

yall sound stupid as fuck

this sounds stupid but not sucking married meth dick?

Now how is one to take any of this serious?

Lmao  if the married meth dick is good i dont see the problem
this is why no one takes you seriously
Pissy methy self

Admin