Oscar nods (Hidden figures, fences, and Moonlight receive nods)

Started by Vonc2002, January 24, 2017, 09:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Kaeli. on January 25, 2017, 05:16:52 AM
Quote from: TheNextLew on January 25, 2017, 02:05:27 AM
Quote from: glock on January 25, 2017, 01:38:20 AM
Quote from: TheNextLew on January 25, 2017, 01:27:35 AM
Quote from: glock on January 25, 2017, 01:26:05 AM
Who do u prefer Lew.. Viola or Taraj
don't do this  lol
im referring to fences and hidden

:damselindistress:

Cuz clearly Viola shits on that girl

Taraji is a lot more diverse as an actor to me

Rly cus this is like the first time she's stepped out of her ghetto and/or damsel in distress roles

but that adds to her resume it doest detract from it
but like most ppul they get type casted
shes proven shes more than that though
and u havent seen her works if your basing her career off of empire babyboy and no good deed

shes done alot more than violas mammy and  serious snot lady routines

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

when we discuss actors like  jhonny depp and meryl streep
when you look at their works u see how diverse it is and how far they can go
animations musicals drama comedy voice work action .....uuuuu nammmmmee eht
then you will see taraji fits the bill a bit more than viola in that respect

if meryl didnt step out and do roles like mama mia august osage county or  the devil wears prada
and she repeatedly did roles like doubt she would be great but she would be the white viola lol

Different

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

But yea octavia didn't deserve this one and im not clapping tbh.  The help i saw and understood why she would get recognized. 
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

SouravMay

It's a kii that usually great (dark skin) black actress have to be some unconventional type beauty with edgy daring looks and roles, while white Oscar winners get to be pretty barbies. They wouldn't dare let Gabrielle Union touch a nomination.
B7

Vonc2002

Iono why yall give all these bullshit ass theories.  Meryl streep is oscar queen and looks like a damn HORSE! Halle Berry won best actress and she's pretty much a model.  Dorothy Dandridge, Diahann Carol, taraji, etc. Gabby has yet to deliver an Oscar worthy performance and that's the crux of her problem, not her beauty

Gilgamesh.

No shade to Gab, but playing an uppity bish ain't getting her an Oscar anytime soon.

Love Mary Jane though <3

BAPHOMET.

Vonc2002

I would love to see our black actresses in some different roles tho. I think thats probably why they look more homely if anything, the roles theyre recognized for.  Anytime they get a nod is always some SLAVE mess.  The "pretty" black actresses arent sought after for those roles. That's why the Charlize and Angelina Jolies can get nominated more.  They have more opportunities and the roles variate

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on January 25, 2017, 07:10:21 AM
No shade to Gab, but playing an uppity bish ain't getting her an Oscar anytime soon.

Love Mary Jane though <3

But my gripe is for every black actor we say has to step it up inorder to win there is a white one at the same level who has won or been nominated
So i dont think its based on performances soley

Different

GLOCK

Quote from: TheNextLew on January 25, 2017, 02:05:27 AM
Quote from: glock on January 25, 2017, 01:38:20 AM
Quote from: TheNextLew on January 25, 2017, 01:27:35 AM
Quote from: glock on January 25, 2017, 01:26:05 AM
Who do u prefer Lew.. Viola or Taraj
don't do this  lol
im referring to fences and hidden

:damselindistress: