Oscar nods (Hidden figures, fences, and Moonlight receive nods)

Started by Vonc2002, January 24, 2017, 09:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 09:40:05 PM
An Oscar is an Oscar :dead:
No one says "won an Oscar......but OH only supporting" thats stupid :kii:

i do think you are right and i do think the subcatagories are to only give more people a chance to win and a lane of their own

but there is a pattern of blacks getting supporting role oscars which could only mean we need more leading roles

but with fences it was a leading role but due to the stigma they are submitting it as supporting to i guess soften the blow so this girl can finally get her just due

its not quite right

but if she wins

the oscar would be an oscar :wub:

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Different

Vonc2002

Im sure that particular strategy is used across the board. White men don't need a reason to slight black people.  They do it boldly and unapologetically. If they didn't want that bitch to have ANY nomination that's what wouldve happened. :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

BrokenHeartsHeal

Quote from: TheNextLew on January 24, 2017, 09:45:58 PM
Quote from: glock on January 24, 2017, 09:45:10 PM
Quote from: BigDawg on January 24, 2017, 09:44:32 PM
Is MoonFAG good?
its so good bruv
how are the sexual scenes

did they arouse you?

not that type of movie hon

Black gay men don't get aided for the general public they falls in love  :raycharles2urmess:

RAY7

the Oscars didnt determine whether she was lead or supporting :dead:
it was the studio which doesnt decide who gets nominated

Vonc2002

Im sitting here thinking about past winners and i can think of numerous times this has been done as a matter of fact.  Marisa tomei was literally the only actress in my cousin Vinny.  They KNEW that bitch wasn't gonna win for lead actress. She damn near shouldn't have won for supporting, but that's what she won..........even with being the lead female in that film
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RAY7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 09:49:10 PM
Im sitting here thinking about past winners and i can think of numerous times this has been done as a matter of fact.  Marisa tomei was literally the only actress in my cousin Vinny.  They KNEW that bitch wasn't gonna win for lead actress. She damn near shouldn't have won for supporting, but that's what she won..........even with being the lead female in that film
so there IS a difference? which is my point
clearly LEAD actress is put in higher regard by what you're saying

MelMel

if the Oscars wanted her to be lead, they would have nominated her in that category. But she's gonna win this and be closer to EGOT and I am all for it. :stressed:

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 09:46:21 PM
Im sure that particular strategy is used across the board. White men don't need a reason to slight black people.  They do it boldly and unapologetically. If they didn't want that bitch to have ANY nomination that's what wouldve happened. :dead:

lmao vonc  :kii: :kii:

viola is at an undeniable place in her career

its time

Different

Vonc2002

Quote from: AYR on January 24, 2017, 09:53:43 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 09:49:10 PM
so there IS a difference? which is my point
clearly LEAD actress is put in higher regard by what you're saying
Thats not what i said :dead:
We already agreed that its strategy to give the the actor the best chance at winning.  Based on who else is being buzzed about, what ur performance was, etc they submit u accordingly.  Marisa didn't have a leading actress performance, other actresses are more buzzed about than viola to win, so WHATEVER the reason, they put u where they feel like u have the best odds.  This has nothing to do with the caliber of the award. Uve literally never heard anyone break down what made someone an Oscar winner, just that they ARE one

Vonc2002

Actually this whole thing is dumb, we can just agree to disagree. :dead:
I definitely do feel like whitey tries to stick it to black people  but this aint one of those times.  They just had an oscars where not nan nigga was nominated.  If they wanted to snub that hoe, they would........ and move on and not gaf tbh :kii: