Oscar nods (Hidden figures, fences, and Moonlight receive nods)

Started by Vonc2002, January 24, 2017, 09:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouravMay

Davis is billed and promoted as a Lead Actress in Fences and probably also payed as one. It's not rly about how much you contribute but how you are billed. If the song says Eminem feat. Rihanna, it doesn't matter who has the most (prominent) parts in the song.
B7

Vonc2002

Well apparently not because she's supporting actress, so there u go. 
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: شيطان on January 24, 2017, 09:18:27 PM
Davis is billed and promoted as a Lead Actress in Fences and probably also payed as one. It's not rly about how much you contribute but how you are billed. If the song says Eminem feat. Rihanna, it doesn't matter who has the most (prominent) parts in the song.

YEAH THATS WHAT I THINK

i mean in general she was supporting i guess but
they were both leads seems like

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Boomz

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 09:20:12 PM
Well apparently not because she's supporting actress, so there u go. 

jjdjfj

But yea...I was going by what I felt while watching the movie

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Different

RAY7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 09:14:47 PM
Quote from: شيطان on January 24, 2017, 09:12:15 PM
Boris kodjoe explained on FB that Viola is up for supporting because the film's team believed she had better chances in that category... shoulda went with best actress still imo
Yea i asked my friend and this is what he said.  I knew it wasn't a "COLOR" thing
it is though
the reason shes more likeky to win supporting is because they are more lenient to Blacks
no one since Halle has won LEAD actress, but
Mo'Nique, J Hud, Octavia, Whoopi, Lupita etc can grab supporting

Vonc2002

Or maybe they have gauged the reaction and know who they are leaning towards for lead actress and know that viola has better chances in supporting. Sorry but i dont buy this color thing.  They don't HAVE to give anyone an award, hell even a nomination for that matter. :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

GLOCK

Quote from: Boomer on January 24, 2017, 09:12:40 PM
And Lew is right about Viola in Fences. I saw it and she def was the supporting to Denzel's lead. Just cause she was the only prominent female in the picture doesn't mean she was a lead. Either way, I think it's hers to lose.

Oh and Kerry is NEVER winning an Oscar! Just wanted to remind everyone...
boy fuck u
Remind that

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 09:32:46 PM
Or maybe they have gauged the reaction and know who they are leaning towards for lead actress and know that viola has better chances in supporting. Sorry but i dont buy this color thing.  They don't HAVE to give anyone an award, hell even a nomination for that matter. :dead:

now i know you arent playing this fair dealings card  :shittinonmmy:

Different

Bish

Viola may have been a lead actress but the studio decides which category they submit the actors under. Being submitted as supporting is strategic because it gives her a better shot at winning.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Bish on January 24, 2017, 09:35:37 PM
Viola may have been a lead actress but the studio decides which category they submit the actors under. Being submitted as supporting is strategic because it gives her a better shot at winning.

RAY7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 09:36:16 PM
Quote from: Bish on January 24, 2017, 09:35:37 PM
no one disagreed with that
however you're not addressing WHY shes more likely to win
which is because its the lesser award and shes Black

Vonc2002

An Oscar is an Oscar :dead:
No one says "won an Oscar......but OH only supporting" thats stupid :kii:

pCj

QuoteA performance by an actor or actress in any role shall be eligible for nomination either for the leading
role or supporting role categories. If, however, all the dialogue has been dubbed by another actor,
the performance shall not be eligible for award consideration. Singing that is dubbed will not affect
the performer?s eligibility unless it constitutes the entire performance. The determination as to
whether a role is a leading or supporting role shall be made individually by members of the branch at
the time of balloting

RAY7

so its just coincidence that more Black ppl get the NON lead award?
if every award is the same, then there wouldnt need to be a stategy on submitting to ensure a win