Box Office: 'Beauty and the Beast' Waltzes to Record $170M in U.S., $350M Global

Started by Lazarus, March 19, 2017, 06:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Lazarus on March 19, 2017, 07:36:05 PM
Disney's Live-Action 'Aladdin' Holds Open Casting Call for Leads

Disney is on the hunt for the next Jasmine and Aladdin.

The Guy Ritchie-directed live-action adaptation of the classic animated feature has sent out a casting notice calling for Middle Eastern actors in the 18 to 25 age range to audition for its leads, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Aladdin is set to be a movie-musical (a la the upcoming Beauty and the Beast reimagining), so the notice reads "must be able to sing" and says dancing experience is "a plus." Shooting will take place over an approximate six-month period, from July 2017 to January 2018, in the U.K., with rehearsals beginning in April.

Scott Weinger and Linda Larkin voiced Aladdin and Jasmine in the 1992 animated feature, which follows a street-wise youth who tries to woo a princess and defeat an evil sorcerer after he stumbles upon a magic lamp and is granted three wishes by a genie trapped trapped inside.

Big Fish writer John August penned the screenplay for the feature, which is being produced by Dan Lin via his Lin Pictures banner, with Jonathan Eirich executive producing.

Recently, Disney had a similar casting call for the leads in the live-action Mulan remake, asking that those who audition speak "fluent English and Mandarin Chinese." The casting notice was posted on Twitter earlier on Thursday.

Looks they're looking for middle eastern actors.

And not a Mulan live action  :dead: :plzstop:

They're going to ruin the Disney Renaissance era
Mulan will slay tbh

FlowerBomb

I KNEW they would get some average white twink to play Aladdin
Is it Aladdin or fucking Alan

Lazarus

Mulan was cool. She just doesn't hold up to the other Disney princesses

Vonc2002

Yea, i liked Mulan alot and can see it tbh. That storyline is interesting ANYWAY
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

FlowerBomb

Yh the visual effects on Mulan could be EPIC
A crouching dragon and type tea

Lazarus

And Hercules is by far the worst Disney film ever. Never got into it

Vonc2002

Quote from: Saint on March 19, 2017, 07:41:24 PM
Yh the visual effects on Mulan could be EPIC
A crouching dragon and type tea
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could definitely see that being great
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Lazarus on March 19, 2017, 07:41:40 PM
Fox and The Hound is the worst to me

Vonc2002

Vonc2002

Quote from: Saint on March 19, 2017, 07:42:36 PM
Thats a different kinda film tho.  I thought the aristocats was quite disgusting tbh

Lazarus

Quote from: Saint on March 19, 2017, 07:42:36 PM

I like that a lot. The sequels wasn't necessary tho.