BET Awards 2017 *Official Thread* - Nominees and Performances

Started by Sharon., June 25, 2017, 07:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

Quote from: Trey on June 26, 2017, 03:36:10 AM
DEAD at Stephen flying to Bruno's show and BEGGING him to perform. I can't even imagine what next year is gonna give...

:udontlookok:
n

Stephen doesn't work there anymore and nicki didn't release any songs last year

Kaeli.

Quote from: شيطان on June 26, 2017, 03:32:04 AM
Quote from: Trey on June 26, 2017, 03:30:13 AM
G

"Salty!". I don't stan for either one.

It's LATE. EBT just hunting for attention and will do anything for a second of controversy. And probably just lost their biggest supporter in the process. What has Remy done? And don't even say All The Way Up cuz that was last year's EBT. :dead: :uhh: Theyre clearly just fuming and gave it to Rem cuz Nick wouldn't show up this year.

So next week when Rem falls back into the cracks of irrelevancy and you're looking for someone of importance to show up to your show next year, what are you gonna do then EBT? Was this worth it?

"All The Way Up" was eligible this year, hence also the nomination of Fat Joe & Remy as a duo. Last year ATWU didn't get a single nomination.

I read that the eligibility period begins every April & ATWU was released the month before. :ummwhat:

Kaeli.

TBH they should've given it to Young MA... aka the one with the biggest solo hit 🤷🏽‍♀️

Vonc2002

iono why yall acting like them giving that award to remy is so WOW! The BET awards are not the billboard awards. this is not based on chart stats or sales. The BET awards are much like the AMAs and based on popularity, and popularity in urban households VS POP popularity is vastly different. Iono how anyone OTHER than remy couldve won. She definitely made the biggest splash of the yr because of that beef, which she was also (pretty UNANIMOUSLY)   crowned the winner of. Like :dead:
Them giving it to nicki wouldve been an absolute joke and definitely undeserving. and :dead: at them losing their biggest supporter in the process. If you being a supporter is based on us giving u an award every yr for the rest of your career then you're no fckn supporter. And lets be honest nicki is DEFINITELY on a fast decline, so lets not act like she's beyonce. Alot of people are looking at her like the joke she is rn. Im sorry but trey that was kinda.....well......fckn SILLY
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Vonc2002 on June 26, 2017, 06:15:11 AM
iono why yall acting like them giving that award to remy is so WOW! The BET awards are not the billboard awards. this is not based on chart stats or sales. The BET awards are much like the AMAs and based on popularity, and popularity in urban households VS POP popularity is vastly different. Iono how anyone OTHER than remy couldve won. She definitely made the biggest splash of the yr because of that beef, which she was also (pretty UNANIMOUSLY) was   crowned the winner of. Like :dead:
Them giving it to nicki wouldve been an absolute joke and definitely undeserving. and :dead: at them losing their biggest supporter in the process. If you being a supporter is based on us giving u an award every yr for the rest of your career then you're no fckn supporter. And lets be honest nicki is DEFINITELY on a fast decline, so lets not act like she's beyonce. Alot of people are looking at her like the joke she is rn. Im sorry but trey that was kinda.....well......fckn SILLY
:suplol: :suplol: :suplol: :suplol:

SouravMay

June 26, 2017, 06:18:17 AM #1176 Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 06:34:21 AM by شيطان
It is an accumulation of sales, hits, cultural impact, musical quality and overall popularity. Remy was the deserved winner. She pulled off a marvelous campaign. I am sure in 2010 Trina who actually had an album out sold / sold more than Nicki Minaj, but Nicki was just THAT girl for that year.
B7

Vonc2002

Quote from: شيطان on June 26, 2017, 06:18:17 AM
It is an accumulation of sales, hits, cultural impact, musical quality and overall popularity. Remy was the deserved winner. She pulled off a marvelous campaign. I am sure in 2010 Trina who actually had an album out sold more than Nicki Minaj, but Nicki was just THAT girl for that year.
It's MOSTLY based on who BET sees fit to give it to. Popularity in the urban arena is without a doubt the key factor. That one yr that Iggy was nominated and performed and tbh she DEFINITELY deserved it over nicki minaj. She had like the biggest female rap song of the yr. But because iggy is "a joke" and BET liked Nicki, they gave it to her. This is a popularity contest  on the largest scale and nicki was definitely not the most popular girl this yr
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

SouravMay

Quote from: Vonc2002 on June 26, 2017, 06:27:19 AM
Quote from: شيطان on June 26, 2017, 06:18:17 AM
It is an accumulation of sales, hits, cultural impact, musical quality and overall popularity. Remy was the deserved winner. She pulled off a marvelous campaign. I am sure in 2010 Trina who actually had an album out sold more than Nicki Minaj, but Nicki was just THAT girl for that year.
It's MOSTLY based on who BET sees fit to give it to. Popularity in the urban arena is without a doubt the key factor. That one yr that Iggy was nominated and performed and tbh she DEFINITELY deserved it over nicki minaj. She had like the biggest female rap song of the yr. But because iggy is "a joke" and BET liked Nicki, they gave it to her. This is a popularity contest  on the largest scale and nicki was definitely not the most popular girl this yr

I agree! If Iggy was black or had Urban respect, or if Azealia had Iggy's success that year, they'd have won.
B7

Kaeli.

iono why yall acting like them giving that award to remy is so WOW! The BET awards are not the billboard awards. this is not based on chart stats or sales. The BET awards are much like the AMAs and based on popularity, and popularity in urban households VS POP popularity is vastly different. Iono how anyone OTHER than remy couldve won. She definitely made the biggest splash of the yr because of that beef, which she was also (pretty UNANIMOUSLY)   crowned the winner of. Like :dead:
b

Kaeli.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Kaeli. on June 26, 2017, 06:39:23 AM
b
Dreezy aint EVER  winning, old ass BITCH

SouravMay

Quote from: Kaeli. on June 26, 2017, 06:39:42 AM
Young M.A deserved it :woohoo:
She could have went harder in promoting herself as the number one female.

I honestly think Dej Loaf had a really good shot too. She was almost there.
B7

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on June 25, 2017, 11:56:31 PM
Sdkajsjdkaksd

Nicki knows deep down she doesn't care about this lil award.

She's just petty and wanted no other female to get it. But she caught wind that EBT wanted to PULL stunts  :ohwow:

I get it. Its all for ratings.  :raycharles2urmess:
n