"Girls Trip" opens with 30 mill',"Valerian" flops a bit

Started by yummy, July 23, 2017, 01:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yummy

QuoteHowever, there hadn't been a R-rated comedy aimed at black women, and Universal did a masterful job marketing the film to black women filmgoers and with an attractive cast. It had all the ingredients of being a huge box-office winner. This weekend, the film grossed $30.3 million, far more than Rough Night has made in total so far. According to WGN radio film critic and box office analyst Erik Childress, Girls Trip, with its strong positive reviews and word of mouth, could actually out gross both Rough Night and Snatched, the other R-rated female comedy from earlier this summer, combined! It's also the largest opening of any live-action comedy so far this year.

QuoteIn yet another obvious prediction, the massive $180 million CGI sci-fi epic Valerian and City of a Thousand Planets completely tanked at the Box Office with $17 million. Unless the film is a super-sized monster hit overseas, which it could be since foreigners love weird things they don't understand, Valerian looks destined to fail big time.

MelMel

Nine

Wow that's good for Girl's Trip. I really thought it would flop, but the girls turned out I see.

And Valerian looked a Star Wars rip-off fool so I'm not surprised it flopped.

Vonc2002

I forgot valerian even came out this weekend.  Im excited AF for girls trip!
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

yummy

Is "Girls Trip" really that good?

Looks kinda corn' from the previews and Jada's cheekbones make me shiver a bit

Vonc2002

Quote from: 92 on July 23, 2017, 01:49:26 PM
Wow that's good for Girl's Trip. I really thought it would flop, but the girls turned out I see.

And Valerian looked a Star Wars rip-off fool so I'm surprised it flopped.
Im not.  It didn't look interesting at all. The only way i was going was if rih had a lead role mess :ohwow:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

And girl's trip has been getting great reviews from the public so that's gonna fuel its success like Get Out

Nine

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 23, 2017, 01:50:58 PM

Im not.  It didn't look interesting at all. The only way i was going was if rih had a lead role mess :ohwow:
n

I actually meant not

but kii @ Rih giving another Battleship, one word mess in this flop film
:supluv:

Cowgirl

Quote from: ANIMMAI on July 23, 2017, 01:47:05 PM
QuoteThis weekend, the film grossed $30.3 million, far more than Rough Night has made in total so far.
Speaking of, did anyone see Rough Night? I wanna see them both back-to-back.

Vonc2002

Quote from: 92 on July 23, 2017, 01:52:35 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 23, 2017, 01:50:58 PM

n

I actually meant not

but kii @ Rih giving another Battleship, one word mess in this flop film
:supluv:
She had more of a role in battleship actually.  She wasn't in this shit for more than a few minutes

RatherBe

Quote from: ANIMMAI on July 23, 2017, 01:50:43 PM
Is "Girls Trip" really that good?

Looks kinda corn' from the previews and Jada's cheekbones make me shiver a bit

it was really good and funny actually

AIDS

Vonc2002

Cowgirl