Hide the oxtails!... Rihanna is fucking HUGE!

Started by XXX., August 10, 2017, 12:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaeli.

Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 04:59:54 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 04:50:57 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 04:10:45 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 03:57:22 PM
If she only had looks going for her, she wouldn't have the 2nd most amount of top 10 hits in history. I'm sure everyone is listening to her music because of how cute she is. Makes sense.

If that was the case, all these pretty model type girls would be smash to the same degree as well... but they aren't. :dead:

f

Is Kae retarded?

Are you retarded? Even Cassie had a smash single. There's a big history of minimally talented female artists who only had some sort of success because they had a look. Same goes for male artists.

Are you? Especially for that damn CASSIE analogy.

The point I was making was that artists cannot become as big as Rihanna coasting by solely on looks the way you're trying to make it seem.  Cassie had ONE hit. Rihanna has over 40. :dead:

I don't think the navy ever tries to make Rihanna out to be some whitney Aretha type of talent, but she definitely isn't only successful because she's beautiful.People love her voice. Now I agree that looks help you get some type of success, but Rihanna's is astronomical. I could maybe see your argument in 2006, but not now.

h

Having an ear for music to crank out hits doesn't fall in line with having talent, especially when we're talking about actual skills that involving, singing, dancing, composing etc.

The fact that you're solely focusing on chart stats pretty much proves my point.     

b

Literally said her unique voice was a part of her appeal but okie dokie hun

Brit Brat

Quote from: ANIMMAI on August 10, 2017, 05:01:10 PM
Quote from: Trey on August 10, 2017, 04:59:08 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on August 10, 2017, 04:52:01 PM
ssss

Trey, don't kii too hard. I'm still waiting for you and Bre to get real about Britney.

:ummwhat:
SDSSDSDSDSDSDSDDSDSDDSDSDDSDSDSDSDSDSDSDSDSDSDDSDSDS

I LAUGHED and honestly, I wanna see somebody do something the fuck ABOUT it.

Boy, Shitney is two xanax pills away from retirement. Admit it!

DSDSDSDSDSDSDCDD

And Rih is HALF a beef patty away from diabetes.

Kaeli.

Young

You girls KILL me acting like her album
Sales are the equivalent of Jason Derulo and FloRida

This girl CONSISTENTLY for years was releasing platinum albums each And every year

Lets NOT.

LOONA.

Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 05:04:36 PM
If she only had looks going for her, she wouldn't have the 2nd most amount of top 10 hits in history. I'm sure everyone is listening to her music because of how cute she is. Makes sense.

If that was the case, all these pretty model type girls would be smash to the same degree as well... but they aren't. :dead:

f

Is Kae retarded?

Are you retarded? Even Cassie had a smash single. There's a big history of minimally talented female artists who only had some sort of success because they had a look. Same goes for male artists.

The point I was making was that artists cannot become as big as Rihanna coasting by solely on looks the way you're trying to make it seem.  Cassie had ONE hit. Rihanna has over 40. :dead:

I don't think the navy ever tries to make Rihanna out to be some whitney Aretha type of talent, but she definitely isn't only successful because she's beautiful.People love her voice. Now I agree that looks help you get some type of success, but Rihanna's is astronomical. I could maybe see your argument in 2006, but not now.

h

Having an ear for music to crank out hits doesn't fall in line with having talent, especially when we're talking about actual skills that involving, singing, dancing, composing etc.

The fact that you're solely focusing on chart stats pretty much proves my point.     

b

And that's a talent?

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:06:52 PM

f

Is Kae retarded?

h

b

And that's a talent?

XXX.

Quote from: Cartier on August 10, 2017, 05:03:05 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 05:01:24 PM
Hot 100!  Work!  Top 10's!

But Anti has still not sold 1 million copies 18 months later and the tour numbers are an absolute wreck.

She won 0 VMA's and 0 Grammys.

Are ya'll seeing a trend here? 

At some point, she has to transition into something more than The Hot 100.  You live by the Hot 100, you die by it.  Which is why they couldn't even put her album out until she had a hit.  And that was over a year later.

Beyonce just kinda puts her shit out & stands in her stilettos.  Not every bitch is able!

This is EXACTLY my point. Anybody can release quick hits.

This bitch is 12 years into her career and is still kinda relying on the same tactics that Selena and them are using. Like :uhh:

But fashion icon! and stuff...

!!!!!

And I think she knows it too.  Which is why all of the interviews leading up to Anti, she talked about how she doesn't feel a connection to much of her older music.  But how can she?  She literally was recording an album a year and was being presented demos with her choosing the best one.  She compared recording to "shoe shopping" and Jay Brown compared her to an iPhone.  Saying it was important to release a "new model" every year. 

n

That says so much in itself.

She thought Kanye & Paul would give her some "artistic" credibility and transform her image, but when that CRUMBLED.... they ran back to the formula that worked.  "Rude Boy" 3.0 featuring Drake.

Rihanna makes dope music.  Anti was one of my favorite 2016 releases, but let's call a thing a thing. 

Kaeli.

Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:06:52 PM

f

Is Kae retarded?

h

b

And that's a talent?

Earlier in the thread YOU & choke implied that her only appeal were her looks and her looks only. That is when I said that her voice is also apart of her appeal.

XXX.

Eternal Bell

Quote from: Trey on August 10, 2017, 04:59:08 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on August 10, 2017, 04:52:01 PM
ssss

Trey, don't kii too hard. I'm still waiting for you and Bre to get real about Britney.

SDSSDSDSDSDSDSDDSDSDDSDSDDSDSDSDSDSDSDSDSDSDSDDSDSDS

I LAUGHED and honestly, I wanna see somebody do something the fuck ABOUT it.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

XXX.

By the way, I don't think Glock (bae) is really a Rih.

LOONA.

Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 05:03:04 PM
Quote from: glock on August 10, 2017, 04:59:22 PM
Quote from: CHI CHI. on August 10, 2017, 04:57:05 PM
Quote from: glock on August 10, 2017, 04:52:43 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 04:50:43 PM
Quote from: CHI CHI. on August 10, 2017, 04:44:07 PM
And clearly this bitches stock has gone down.

Not it taking her 3-4 singles to finally go #1. With Drake on the song. The hottest rapper out. The Anti era was a FOOL.

:omf:

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..

The way "FourFiveSeconds", "Bitch!", "American Oxygen" all struggled and they kept pushing the album back.  Then, scrapped all of them.

:kii:
d

it was a messy era
what artist doesnt have this after 7 albums?

how many hit songs did lemonade propel?  :plzstop:
Lemonade had no #1's and still ECLIPSED Anti  :dead:

That's what y'all don't get

Beyonc? is just THAT bitch. :omf:
v

lemondade had no actual hits..
in fact she hasnt had a hit since drunk

with a full on movie with that weak ass album..
and sacrificing the privacy of her marriage with that ugly nigga..
it sorta had no choice but to do cool...
adele still shitted all over her .. with little effort...

adele is actually that bitch.. u know the girl that won album of the year

n

"Formation" went Top 10.

And every song from Lemonade charted from TIDAL only!

Now, imagine if she actually GAVE a fuck and put her music on Apple Music & Spotify.

Keep believing she CAN'T chart versus she doesn't care.

This is why I KI at them when they talk about hit singles.

Beyonc? has literally mastered the art of being a celebrity/artist. Why would obtaining a hit single be a difficult feat for her? She is a 20 year veteran. She knows the game and how it works. She's not trying nor does she care.

I'm still screaming at the way she handicapped "Formation" left and right and it still skyrocketed into the Top 10 after being available for Free 99 for months. And they act like "Drunk In Love" didn't skyrocket to #2 after she grinding on a chair for 4 minutes at the Grammys.  :dead:     

Cartierline

I love Rih so damn much. I just can't bring myself to hate or unstan her.

I just want the absolute best for queen.

:gorlonfire: